North Idaho Bungee Fitness opens
| January 14, 2024 1:06 AM
Offering a program of high cardio and low impact plyometric activity, North Idaho Bungee Fitness is open at 1649 N. Nicholson Center St. (east of the Real Life complex) in Post Falls.
Plyometric exercises are often referred to as "jump training" and involve a series of explosive body movements that aim to increase speed and power. Common examples include running, jumping and other movements that involve repeated rapid expansion and contraction of muscle groups to build and tone muscle and improve joint strength and flexibility while providing a great cardiovascular workout.
Purposely designed bungees significantly reduce the impact of these movements and minimize strain on joints, particularly the back, knees and ankles. The training develops the correct form in the movements with mental and physical challenges and includes the "fun" element.
Owners-instructors Ruth Boe and Shalene Weibert offer varying hours Tuesday through Saturday. They also offer times for private events and teams. Phone 208-219-7687. Check www.nibfit.com.
Peak Health building new Post Falls place
A new facility for Peak Health and Wellness Center is under construction at 4425 N. Fennecus Road in Post Falls. It will move in August from 927 E. Polston (Suite 101).
Peak Health has been active for 42 years with locations in Coeur d'Alene, Hayden and Post Falls with personal training, massage therapy and physical therapy. The key people are owners Gary Retter, Chip Althen, Jack Tawney and Jim Doty, operations director Lindsey Cantrell and general manager Taylor Cole.
The new place will include eight indoor and eight outdoor pickleball courts, strength equipment, cardio and group fitness, a kids club, juice bar, pro shop, full locker room, cold plunge recovery tubs, steam rooms, dry sauna rooms, day-use and rental lockers, small group training and a large turf training area.
Phone 208-773-0601. Check www.peakhealthgyms.com.
Major changes planned for Runge building
A complete remodel of the Runge Furniture building and parking lot between Third and Fourth streets will occur in March as it's divided into two halves with half to be leased to another business.
"We're leasing a portion of our building to another business," said Jeff Runge. "The other business prefers to make their own announcements, so I will let you guess who it is. It should be an exciting addition to midtown and Coeur d'Alene when everything is completed. But Runge Furniture is not going out of business or going anywhere. We'll be open through most of the remodel. We'll just dust our tables a little more often."
Runge Furniture opened in 1946 downtown at Second and Indiana and moved to 12th and Sherman and to its existing location in 1980.
Hmmm. Anyone want to guess what the new occupant will be?
(Shhh. I'd guess Trader Joe's. Shhh).
Now the Tidbits
• Transworld Business Advisors is new at 2600 E. Seltice Way (Suite A) in Post Falls. Details here next week.
• The Goodwill store on Fourth Street will reopen in the summer with a $3 million remodel.
• With an interesting history and a positive planned future, The Flats motel will open this month at 2018 E. Sherman Ave. The completely remodeled structure began as a soldiers barracks in World War II. It later became the Roadway Inn, the Bates Motel and the Lighthouse Motel. The Flats will have 12 to 14 rooms with some as luxury suites and a shared central laundry room. CdA Vacation Rentals and CdA Real Estate Investment, 101 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 162), will have Paul Callahan as property manager. Phone 208-819-1717. Check www.cdavacationrentals.com.
• North Point Plaza is the name of a commercial development planned for the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Poleline Road north of Post Falls. The project will include a Grocery Outlet and 7-Eleven store and seven pad sites for future projects. The developer is Corhaven Properties (www.corhaven.com). Stores should open late in 2024. For pad site information contact Chad Carper of Kiemle Hagood at 509-991-2222 or email email@example.com.
• The name of the place tells what is offered as Kitty G's Fine Meats & Cheese will open soon at 306 N. Spokane St. (Suite E) in Post Falls. Ashley and Johnny Wyatt focus on sliced-to-order cured meats including prosciutto, bresaola, cold cuts and salamis, cheeses from around the world, chicken and turkey bits, fresh pastas, snack trays, hot sauces and salads. Other items include gift baskets, wine-cork hot pads and charcuterie trays. With counter service and open-hours to be determined, the website is www.kittygsfinemeatsandcheese.com.
• Full hair services are offered at Roots Hair Studio, which is expanding to a new location Jan. 17 at 8927 N. Hess St. in Hayden. Moving from 9751 Government Way, Amy Jones and 13 employees offer eight styling stations and two esthetician rooms with hours 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and mainly by appointment. They offer extensions, scalp facials-massage with scalp health, dermaplaining, eye lash extensions, eye brow services, chemical peels and waxing. Phone 208-449-8000. Check www.visitrootshair.com.
• Watch for a new Oval Office eatery coming to Post Falls.
• Men's wellness is the objective of Gameday Men's Health which is planning a grand opening for Jan. 22 at 1250 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 201). Set in a man-cave environment, Nathaniel Bowie and his staff will offer a holistic approach to well-being addressing unique health needs of men with a focus on testosterone replacement, weight loss, erectile dysfunction, vitamins and peptides. For more information, contact Bowie at 208-437-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pandion Plumbing is new at the Anthem Corner in Post Falls.
• DOMA Coffee Roasting Company will open a cafe in the 3,000-square-foot main floor in the new building off the Centennial Trail at 3091 S. Atlas Road. It includes indoor and outdoor seating with views up and down the river, coffee, tea and local pastries and takeout. Owners Muir and Julia Harrison will open in April with hours 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Check www.domacoffee.com.
• Offering the nation's largest and fastest-growing eyelash extension beauty franchise brand, Amazing Lash Studio is under construction at 405 E. Best Ave. (Unit 103) in Coeur d'Alene. It will open in February.
• The Marcus Anderson building under construction at 8182 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden has commercial units to be occupied by Ascent Counseling and Marcus Anderson Family Foundation (now at 8382 N. Wayne Drive). A third unit of 1,508 square feet is available through Daranie Anderson at mapidaho@Outlook.com. The building should be done in March.
• The Thomas George building under construction at Third Street and Front Avenue downtown will be 18 stories. It will comprise 60 condominiums on floors 4-18 with garages, an on-site concierge, a 24-hour gym, golf simulator, indoor-outdoor pool and a lakeview community terrace. The first floor will have a Union Roasters shop with coffees and pastries. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234 or email@example.com. Check www.haydenanderl.com.
• What had been the Canton restaurant at 113 N. Fourth St. will become the Hula Pot restaurant. Owner Vincent Fong will offer Hawaiian barbecue, hot-pot choices, beer, wine, sake and soju 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and noon to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The renovated place will have 76 seats, two TVs, takeout and deliveries. Check hula_pot on Instagram.
• The Hess Professional Building under construction at 8927 N. Hess St. in Hayden will comprise four commercial units. Two have been leased to Root's Hair Studio and First Steps Chiropractic. Two are available for lease through Rosenberger Construction at 208-772-5018.
• The Appleway Quarter new building at 295 E. Appleway will have businesses on the ground floor and 24 apartments on the two floors above. Spaces are leased to 208 Massage & Spa and a tap house. The 6,000 square feet remaining could contain one to three units. Contact Chad Oakland at 208-704-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Dan Stubbs shares ownership. The apartments (16 two-bedroom and eight one-bedroom) will have private decks and share common-area patios, an elevator and garages or carports. The building should be complete next fall by J. Meyer Construction with Momentum Architecture.
• Offering a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, Ironwood Family Practice will be expanding to a new facility at 3815 Schreiber Way (Suite 102). The physician-owned clinic has been at 920 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 101) since 1986. Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-667-4557. Check www.ironwoodfp.com.
• Built specifically for patients with mobility problems who need orthopedic outpatient surgery, the Hayden Surgery Center is under construction at 8552 Government Way. Check www.haydensc.com.
• Opening later this winter, The Mill at 1705 Government Way is offering move-in specials for prospective tenants. The four-story building has 43 apartments with amenities of a prime location, a fitness center, a community clubhouse and a rooftop deck. To check the early-bird specials, phone 208-664-5081 (Ext. 216). The main floor is completely leased to the commercial tenants of the Ten/6 restaurant, Copal Salon, Heart City Barber, Fiore Beauty & Wellness and Lia at the Lake.
• Planning a March completion, Legacy Heating & Cooling is building a new complex at 110 W. Lions Way in Hayden. The company offers commercial heating and cooling repair, replacement, maintenance and new construction. Phone 208-762-2777. Check www.legacyheatingcooling.com.
• After more than 25 years in Kootenai County, Hayden Lake Physical Therapy & Aquatics is adding a new place at the corner of Highway 41 and Early Dawn in Post Falls. Check www.Haydenlakept.com.
• A large combination gas station and convenience store called Lancaster Market is now open at 6308 W. Lancaster Road in Rathdrum. Dan and Amanda Duvall offer snacks, hot food, cold drinks and a huge selection of beer and wine.
• The TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotels will open in the spring where the Outback Steakhouse restaurant was in Northwood Center Court southeast of the intersection of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• With 100% wood-fired, Neapolitan-inspired products, a Cascadia Pizza Co. is "coming soon" to Rathdrum at 8083 W. Main St. (at the corner of Mill Avenue). It should open in the spring with indoor and outdoor seating, and takeout. Check www.Cascadiapizzaco.com.
• With many options for food and beverages in an elevated space and on a patio, Rooted Social House is planned for 310 N. Spokane St. in Post Falls.
• A four-story 151-room Hyatt Place Hotel is planned for the Millworx development on Fourth Avenue in Post Falls.
• Mountain View Business Center is offering commercial leases for flex space in the new building at 9044 W. Prairie Ave. Pacific Mechanical & Electric is one tenant. Three other spaces are available through Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860 or 208-765-2222.
• Yummy Crab will be in the former Golden Corral building off U.S. 95.
• Describing it as a "new product vendor mall," Marketplace@Miles is under construction in the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue in Hayden. Spaces in a variety of sizes are available for retail vendors with additional onsite storage offered. Information is through Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
• A new facility for Bolton Law is being built at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop just off Northwest Boulevard on the east end of Riverstone. The new location should open in the spring. Check www.kjboltonlaw.com.
• Chipotle Mexican Grill is evidently making plans for new places in Coeur d'Alene (on Neider Avenue) and Post Falls (off Highway 41).
• A third location for Riverstone Dental Care is being built at the intersection of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue. Planning to open soon, it will join the company's current locations at 2344 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Coeur d'Alene and 3095 E. Mullan Ave. (Suite 400) in Post Falls. Phone 208-676-8500. Check www.riverstonedental.com.
• Three suites are available in a new building at 2420 Government Way. Ranging from 898 to 915 square feet, each unit is a shell with a fully finished bathroom with tenants finishing the balance of the space. For information, contact Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Commercial real estate at 2000 Northwest Blvd. Phone 208-765-2222.
• Selkirk Sport will relocate its pro shop from 12037 N. Tracey Road in Hayden to 7878 Government Way later this year.
• Huetter Business Park, which is three flex industrial and office buildings owned by Etco Services, will open on Huetter Road north of Interstate 90 and Seltice Way. About 8,600 square feet and yard space are available in each building through leasing agent Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860.
• Many commercial construction projects are happening between Stateline and Post Falls. To see more precise locations, check the www.inlandnwbusiness.com website by Matt Behringer. The businesses listed include a Circle K gas station and convenience store, a Napa Auto Parts, Wendy's, The Joint Chiropractic and The Man Shop, Gesa Credit Union, Nutex Post Falls Emergency Hospital, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Taco Bell and Thai Bamboo. Other new buildings will include apartments, condos, warehouses and storage spaces.
• The children's activity center Make It Messy and the marine construction company R&R Northwest is opening in a new building at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. Make It Messy is a blend between an arts and craft space, sensory play and activities such as at a children's museum. People of all ages can express themselves creatively, expand their imaginations and stimulate their senses. It can host birthday parties or private family events through owner Heather Gillis. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Check www.makeitmessycda.com. R&R Northwest and founder Brandon Richardson are booking projects for summer 2024. Check www.rrnorthwest.com.
• A new ambulatory surgery center is under construction by Northwest Specialty Hospital at 1624 E. Mullan Ave. directly east of its main campus at 1593 E. Polston Ave. in Post Falls. The 9,600-square-foot place will be used for surgeries that don't require overnight stays and will have two outpatient surgery rooms with options for future expansion. It should open in early 2024. Phone 208-262-2300. Check www.nwsh.com.
• With buildings of 168,000 and 238,000 square feet, The Pointe at Post Falls is at North Beck Road and Pointe Parkway. Zoned industrial, the buildings have deck-high loading doors and eight ground-level drive-in doors. Check Darren Slackman for lease rates at email@example.com. Phone 509-622-3593.
• New buildings for Idaho Guns & Outdoors and Hayden Sharp DDS are being built in the Athol Crossings complex east of U.S. 95 in Athol. They are joining several other new places with the key business being Super 1 Foods.
• A new Marriott Hotel will evidently be built downtown.
• A Gates Dental building will be at 2208 N. Merritt Creek Road.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete soon at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554. Phone 208-664-0278.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls. Make-A-Wish Idaho is new at 362 N. Herborn.
• Lake Forest Interior Design is under construction at 9245 Government Way in Hayden.
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• Coeur d'Alene Kids Dental is expanding at 1341 N. Northwood Center Drive.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature-themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. All four commercial units are leased.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• A large Farwest Steel Corp. building is under construction at Pleasantview and Seltice Way.
• Pilgrim's Market will expand to a building across the street.
• A new pizza place will be in the former Syringa building on Fourth Street.
• All the places in Tidbits that have changed dates or information should let me know.
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.