The Chicken Shanty opening in former Sweeto Burrito building
| February 11, 2024 1:06 AM
The Chicken Shanty is opening in the former Sweeto Burrito building in the Winco parking lot at 1423 W. Appleway in Coeur d'Alene.
Founders Tyson Miltenberger and Erica Mote started with a drive-through food cart about four years ago and have grown the business to 17 locations in the Northwest. The homemade ingredients for chicken baskets, sandwiches and wraps include cheeses and sauces for tenders and wings with battered fries and slaw. The place has indoor and outdoor seating. They will sponsor local teams and events.
Kitty G's Fine Meats and Cheese opens
Offering what it says in the name of the place, Kitty G's Fine Meats and Cheese has opened at 305 N. Spokane St. (Suite E) in Post Falls.
Ashley and Johnny Wyatt's charcuterie shop includes gourmet cheeses, beautiful leg salamis, cold cuts, specialty crackers, antipasto trays with boxes, grab-n-go and a hot case. Selections vary daily with prosciutto, coppa and sandwiches.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays). Phone 208-262-9127. Email email@example.com.
Sculpt Studios Med Spa opens on Seltice Way
The options for clients are numerous at the new Sculpt Studios Med Spa at 1590 E. Seltice Way in Post Falls.
Owner Marina Carney and her staff offer botox, filler, IRL treatments, muscle toning, body sculpting, facials, laser hair removal and UV lashes. The staff includes Alex Vestman, Tasha Ryan and Toni Norton.
Hours open at 9 a.m. and vary daily. Check www.sculptstudios.com. Phone 208-457-7188.
Healing Leaf Apothecary opens in downtown Cd'A
Offering natural botanical remedies to relieve stress, improve sleep and boost immune systems, Heather Gehrman has opened Healing Leaf Apothecary at 405 N. Second St. in downtown Coeur d'Alene.
Products include herbs, teas, essential oils, nutritional supplements, essential oils, crystals and locally made goods to provide natural service-oriented customized and educational remedies. The Wellness Center will offer clinical herbalist consultations, Ayurvedic wellness consults, massage and reiki.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Check www.healingleafapothecary.net.
Now the Tidbits
• A new larger building for The Oval Office is under construction on Spokane Street in Post Falls. It should be complete this summer with owner Raci Erdem, general contractor Rob Harsh and architect Mark Latham.
• A Marriott Hotel will be on about a half acre at 602 and 612 E. Sherman Ave. The six-story hotel will include 131 guest rooms, 130 parking stalls among the main level and three levels underground, an administration area, a bar, kitchen, lounge, dining area, meeting area, laundry, fitness room and a rooftop patio bar.
• A new facility for Peak Health and Wellness Center is under construction at 4425 N. Fennecus Road in Post Falls. It will move in August from 927 E. Polston (Suite101). The new place will include eight indoor and eight outdoor pickleball courts, strength equipment, cardio and group fitness, a kids club, juice bar, pro shop, full locker room, cold plunge recovery tubs, steam rooms, dry sauna rooms, day-use and rental lockers, small group training and a large turf training area. Phone 208-773-0601. Check www.peakhealthgyms.com.
• A complete remodel of the Runge Furniture building and parking lot between Third and Fourth streets will occur in March as it's divided into two halves with half to be leased to another business.
• The Goodwill store on Fourth Street will reopen in the summer with a $3 million remodel.
• North Point Plaza is the name of a commercial development planned for the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Poleline Road north of Post Falls. The project will include a Grocery Outlet, 7-Eleven store and seven pad sites for future projects. The developer is Corhaven Properties (www.corhaven.com). Stores should open late in 2024. For pad site information, contact Chad Carper of Kiemle Hagood at 509-991-2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DOMA Coffee Roasting Company will open a cafe in the 3,000-square-foot main floor in the new building off the Centennial Trail at 3091 S. Atlas Road. It includes indoor and outdoor seating with views up and down the river, coffee, tea and local pastries and takeout. Owners Muir and Julia Harrison will open in April with hours 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Check www.domacoffee.com.
• Offering the nation's largest and fastest-growing eyelash extension beauty franchise brand, Amazing Lash Studio has opened at 405 E. Best Ave. (Unit 103) in Coeur d'Alene.
• The Marcus Anderson building under construction at 8182 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden has commercial units to be occupied by Ascent Counseling and Marcus Anderson Family Foundation (now at 8382 N. Wayne Drive). A third unit of 1,508 square feet is available through Daranie Anderson at mapidaho@Outlook.com. The building should be done in March.
• The Thomas George building under construction at Third Street and Front Avenue downtown will be 18 stories. It will comprise 60 condominiums on floors 4-18 with garages, an on-site concierge, a 24-hour gym, golf simulator, indoor-outdoor pool and a lakeview community terrace. The first floor will have a Union Roasters shop with coffees and pastries. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234 or email@example.com. Check www.haydenanderl.com.
• What had been the Canton restaurant at 113 N. Fourth St. will become the Hula Pot restaurant. Owner Vincent Fong will offer Hawaiian barbecue, hot-pot choices, beer, wine, sake and soju 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and noon to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The renovated place will have 76 seats, two TVs, takeout and deliveries. Check hula_pot on Instagram.
• The Hess Professional Building at 8927 N. Hess St. in Hayden comprises four commercial units. Two have been leased to Roots Hair Studio and First Steps Chiropractic. Two are available for lease through Rosenberger Construction at 208-772-5018.
• The Appleway Quarter new building at 295 E. Appleway will have businesses on the ground floor and 24 apartments on the two floors above. Spaces are leased to 208 Massage & Spa and a tap house. The 6,000 square feet remaining could contain one to three units. Contact Chad Oakland at 208-704-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Dan Stubbs shares ownership. The apartments (16 two-bedroom and eight one-bedroom) will have private decks and share common-area patios, an elevator and garages or carports. The building should be complete next fall by J. Meyer Construction with Momentum Architecture.
• Offering a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, Ironwood Family Practice will be expanding to a new facility at 3815 Schreiber Way (Suite 102). The physician-owned clinic has been at 920 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 101) since 1986. Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-667-4557. Check www.ironwoodfp.com.
• Built specifically for patients with mobility problems who need orthopedic outpatient surgery, the Hayden Surgery Center is under construction at 8552 Government Way. Check www.haydensc.com.
• Opening later this winter, The Mill at 1705 Government Way is offering move-in specials for prospective tenants. The four-story building has 43 apartments with amenities of a prime location, a fitness center, a community clubhouse and a rooftop deck. To check the early-bird specials, phone 208-664-5081 (Ext. 216). The main floor is completely leased to the commercial tenants of the Ten/6 restaurant, Copal Salon, Heart City Barber, Fiore Beauty & Wellness and Lia at the Lake.
• Planning a March completion, Legacy Heating & Cooling is building a new complex at 110 W. Lions Way in Hayden. The company offers commercial heating and cooling repair, replacement, maintenance and new construction. Phone 208-762-2777. Check www.legacyheatingcooling.com.
• After more than 25 years in Kootenai County, Hayden Lake Physical Therapy & Aquatics is adding a new place at the corner of Highway 41 and Early Dawn in Post Falls. Check www.Haydenlakept.com.
• The TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotels will open in the spring where the Outback Steakhouse restaurant was in Northwood Center Court southeast of the intersection of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• With 100% wood-fired, Neapolitan-inspired products, a Cascadia Pizza Co. is "coming soon" to Rathdrum at 8083 W. Main St. (at the corner of Mill Avenue). It should open in the spring with indoor and outdoor seating and takeout. Check www.Cascadiapizzaco.com.
• With many options for food and beverages in an elevated space and on a patio, Rooted Social House is planned for 310 N. Spokane St. in Post Falls.
• A four-story 151-room Hyatt Place Hotel is planned for the Millworx development on Fourth Avenue in Post Falls.
• Mountain View Business Center is offering commercial leases for flex space in the new building at 9044 W. Prairie Ave. Pacific Mechanical & Electric is one tenant. Three other spaces are available through Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860 or 208-765-2222.
• Yummy Crab will be in the former Golden Corral building off U.S. 95.
• Describing it as a "new product vendor mall," Marketplace@Miles is under construction in the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue in Hayden. Spaces in a variety of sizes are available for retail vendors with additional onsite storage offered. Information is through Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
• A new facility for Bolton Law is being built at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop just off Northwest Boulevard on the east end of Riverstone. The new location should open in the spring. Check www.kjboltonlaw.com.
• A third location for Riverstone Dental Care is being built at the intersection of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue. Planning to open soon, it will join the company's current locations at 2344 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Coeur d'Alene and 3095 E. Mullan Ave. (Suite 400) in Post Falls. Phone 208-676-8500. Check www.riverstonedental.com.
• One suite is available in a new building at 2420 Government Way. Two suites are leased. Ranging from 898 to 915 square feet, each unit is a shell with a fully finished bathroom with tenants finishing the balance of the space. For information, contact Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Commercial real estate at 2000 Northwest Blvd. Phone 208-765-2222.
• Selkirk Sport will relocate its pro shop from 12037 N. Tracey Road in Hayden to 7878 Government Way later this year.
• Huetter Business Park, which is three flex industrial and office buildings owned by Etco Services, will open on Huetter Road north of Interstate 90 and Seltice Way. About 8,600 square feet and yard space are available in each building through leasing agent Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860.
• Many commercial construction projects are happening between Stateline and Post Falls. To see more precise locations, check the www.inlandnwbusiness.com website by Matt Behringer. The businesses listed include a Circle K gas station and convenience store, a Napa Auto Parts, Wendy's, The Joint Chiropractic and The Man Shop, Gesa Credit Union, Nutex Post Falls Emergency Hospital, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Taco Bell and Thai Bamboo. Other new buildings will include apartments, condos, warehouses and storage spaces.
• The children's activity center Make It Messy and the marine construction company R&R Northwest opened in a new building at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. Make It Messy is a blend between an arts and craft space, sensory play and activities such as at a children's museum. People of all ages can express themselves creatively, expand their imaginations and stimulate their senses. It can host birthday parties or private family events through owner Heather Gillis. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Check www.makeitmessycda.com. R&R Northwest and founder Brandon Richardson are booking projects for summer 2024. Check www.rrnorthwest.com.
• A new ambulatory surgery center is under construction by Northwest Specialty Hospital at 1624 E. Mullan Ave. directly east of its main campus at 1593 E. Polston Ave. in Post Falls. The 9,600-square-foot place will be used for surgeries that don't require overnight stays and will have two outpatient surgery rooms with options for future expansion. It should open in early 2024. Phone 208-262-2300. Check www.nwsh.com.
• With buildings of 168,000 and 238,000 square feet, The Pointe at Post Falls is at North Beck Road and Pointe Parkway. Zoned industrial, the buildings have deck-high loading doors and eight ground-level drive-in doors. Check Darren Slackman for lease rates at email@example.com. Phone 509-622-3593.
• New buildings for Idaho Guns & Outdoors and Hayden Sharp DDS are being built in the Athol Crossings complex east of U.S. 95 in Athol. They are joining several other new places with the key being Super 1 Foods.
• A Gates Dental building will be at 2208 N. Merritt Creek Road.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete soon at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554. Phone 208-664-0278.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls. Make-A-Wish Idaho is new at 362 N. Herborn.
• Lake Forest Interior Design is under construction at 9245 Government Way in Hayden.
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature-themed and community-driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. All four commercial units are leased.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• A large Farwest Steel Corp. building is under construction at Pleasantview and Seltice Way.
• A new pizza place will be in the former Syringa building on Fourth Street.
• All the places in Tidbits that have changed dates or information should let me know.
• "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" used every alphabet letter.
• The Super Bowl today is interesting to me because Kansas City is competing. My cousin Harrison (Hatch) Rosdahl was a lineman for Kansas City when they lost to Green Bay 35-10 in Super Bowl I in 1967.
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.