Movers & Shakers
Regional transportation group seeks award nominees
The WTS Spokane-Coeur d’Alene chapter is seeking nominations for its 2023 awards program. WTS recognizes outstanding professionals, organizations and projects that support the group’s mission of advancing women in the transportation industry.
The Spokane-Coeur d’Alene chapter is seeking nominations in six award categories:
• Member of the Year: Recognizes a WTS member who has made extraordinary contributions to the success of the organization.
• Woman of the Year: Honors a woman who is an outstanding role model and has contributed to the advancement of women and minorities in transportation.
• Honorable Ray LaHood Award (Man of the Year): Named for former U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, this award honors a man who has been key to WTS' efforts to attract, retain and advance women in transportation.
• Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award: An individual exhibiting extraordinary efforts or initiatives in facilitating professional opportunities for women and minorities.
• Employer of the Year: Recognizes a Spokane-Coeur d'Alene region business, agency or organization for its support of the goals and purpose of WTS.
• Innovative Transportation Solutions: Honors a recent transportation project or service led by a woman that improves the quality of life for its users and the community.
Nominees for Member of the Year must be WTS members; however, membership is not required to receive an award in the other categories.
Follow this link WTS 2023-24 Award Nominations to the online nomination materials, bit.ly/45fa393. Nominations will close Nov. 22.
• • •
If you have a new, relocated or expanded business, or announcement of events, promotions or awards, The Press wants to let our readers know. Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.