ADVERTISING: Advertorial — Can spinal decompression help my unresolved back pain?
Dr. Wayne M. Fichter Jr.
| May 10, 2023 1:00 AM
I get asked a lot of questions about spinal decompression and how it works and what benefits it can have. To answer that we first must understand that back pain is one of the most common medical problems in the United States. While there are many different causes of back and neck pain, spinal decompression treatment is often an effective solution.
As we know, back and neck pain can be a debilitating condition that can stop you from living life to its fullest. Pain can be caused by a variety of conditions, which include but are not limited to the following: herniated or bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis and sciatica. Back and neck pain can have a significant effect on your life and your families. It can cause you to miss work, social activities and hobbies that you enjoy. In severe cases, back pain can even make it difficult to walk or stand.
Non-Surgical Spinal decompression treatment is a FDA-approved treatment for back and neck pain. It works by gently stretching the spine, which relieves pressure off of the discs and nerves in your spine. This allows the discs to heal and the nerves to become decompressed. Spinal decompression attempts to bring about several theoretical benefits including:
• Create a negative intradiscal pressure to promote retraction or repositioning of the herniated or bulging disc material.
• Create a lower pressure in the disc that will cause an influx of healing nutrients and other substances into the disc.
Though traction can reduce disc pressure, it cannot achieve negative pressure, which is crucial when dealing with disc injuries. And may be necessary to correct the condition of your spine. The process re-positioning your spine is slow and gradual, so your muscles of your back will not tighten or go into spasm in response to the treatment.
So what are some of the benefits of spinal decompression and how can it help me?
There are many benefits of spinal decompression treatment, which include:
1) It can restore movement, mobility and function.
2) It can provide relief from pain, numbness and tingling.
3) It can help to prevent further degeneration of the discs and nerves in your spine.
4) It is a nonsurgical option for treating back pain. This means that there is no risk of infection or other complications associated with surgery.
5) It is an affordable treatment option.
After having a better understanding of non-surgical spinal decompression, you can see how it can be a valuable method in treating low back and neck pain. Spinal decompression therapy has helped many people regain control of their lives and decrease their pain. If you have tried various other methods of treatment and nothing has worked, you may want to try spinal decompression.
• • •
Dr. Wayne M. Fichter Jr. is a chiropractor at Natural Spine Solutions. The business is located at 3913 Schreiber Way in Coeur d’Alene. For more information, please contact us at 208-966-4425.