Post Falls Outlet Mall breathes new life
| October 16, 2016 9:00 PM
At least three new places have opened in the northwest side of the Post Falls Outlet Mall on West Riverbend Avenue from I-90’s Pleasant-view Exit.
59:Escape Adventures celebrates its grand opening Friday at 4204 W. Riverbend. Described on its www. 59:escapeadventures.com website, the place provides real-life immersive, story-lined room escape games. You and your team use elements in the room to find hidden objects, solve clues, codes and puzzles to earn your freedom and escape in 59 minutes.
Owners are Alicia and Eric Zaas with help from Carol Klem (sleuth), Shala Oliver (allegorist) and Leslie Hedge (set designer).
Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Thursday through Sunday. Book online or phone 691-9463 at $25 per person age 12 and up for a 90-minute session with group discounts. A private group room is available. Check www.59:escapeadventures.com.
SNR Costume Rentals aids special needs
Recreational opportunities for children and adults with special needs are the beneficiary of SNR (Special Needs Recreation) Costume Rentals at 4262 W. Riverbend.
Run by volunteers, the store is full of costume rentals from every era for special events, parties and theater, film and TV productions. Wendy Carroll is manager. Phone 755-7133. Check SNR Costume Rentals on Facebook.
Ace Industrial Supply trains sales people
Employment opportunities for sales people are possible through Ace Industrial Supply at 4282 W. Riverbend.
Positions for 14 people are expanding to 21 with hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays and 6:30 a.m. to noon Fridays.
John Winter is manager. Phone 773-3620 or 641-9482. Check www.acetools.com.
Apogee Medical moves downtown
An office of the largest physician-owned and operated Hospitalist group in the nation, Apogee Physicians has moved to Suite 401 in the Parkside building at 601 E. Front Ave.
Employing 750 physicians and nurse practitioners, Apogee contracts hospital medicine services to hospitals in 30 states. With the vision of “What’s best for the patient is best for the practice,” Apogee’s promise is “safety, service, quality and value to every patient.”
Mica Sylvain is director of physician relations. Phone 292-4089. Check www.apogeephysicians.com.
Now for the Tidbits
- Watch for Cosmic Cowboy Grill on Haycraft Ave., Papa John’s Pizza where Lava Dog was in Hayden, a new eatery (Asian?) where Kynrede Cafe was in Hayden, a donut shop where Freedom Burrito was off Highway 95, an office of Waddell & Reed at 320 E. Neider, Advance Auto Parts and The Beauty Lounge on Sunset Ave., Sweet Lou’s Restaurant and Tap House in the Parkside building on Front Ave., Grabbagreen at Highway 95-Neider and the gas station-convenience store in the southwest corner of Highway 95 and Lancaster.
- Watch for news on Hastings becoming a Vintage Stock store.
- A major development called The Crossroads is proposed for Athol. Watch for details. We anticipate a Super 1, a bank, coffee shop, a motel, a gas station-convenience store, a restaurant and others.
- A Tidbit last week that Pain MD at Highway 95-Ironwood Drive is closed isn’t correct. The business changed to Stem Cell Centers and is now in Suite B at 1415 N. Houk in Spokane Valley. It provides a network of regenerative medicine doctors. Check www.stemcellcenters.com.
- On Sherman Avenue watch for Rustic Restaurant at 309 Sherman (next to Clark’s Jewelry), Community First Bank at 504 Sherman and STCU at 401 Front. The Starbucks where the gas-convenience store is at Sherman and Seventh might not be happening.
- We also have Advanced Health Care and Schini Family Dentistry building new places in Riverstone and Sweeto Burrito building near Winco and Maximus Inc. on Mineral Drive. Evidently Chili’s Restaurant on Highway 95 has a new owner.
- New places in Post Falls will be PQH Wireless, Popeyes, Green & Grounds Coffee Shop, Cricket Wireless, Silverlake Automotive and The Lean Bean.
- Other places coming to the revised Post Falls Outlet Mall include Riverstone Apparel, Black-Ops Self Defense, My Big Fat Greek Deli, a comic book store and a coffee espresso store. The Shilo Inn on Appleway will become a Comfort Suites with a major remodel.
- A reader unhappy with the upcoming presidential election emailed that Democrats should be “Democraps” and Republicans should be “Repooplicans” or “Republicants.”
- A new definition: Heroes — What a man in a boat does.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.