LCSC narrows president search
The search for a new president to lead Lewis-Clark State College has been narrowed down to five candidates.
Richard Westerberg, president of the Idaho State Board of Education, announced the names of the finalists Thursday during the board's regular meeting held this month on the campus of North Idaho College.
The candidates selected by a presidential search committee at LCSC are:
* Daniel Bingham, Dean, CEO, College of Technology, University of Montana-Helena
* Stephen Condon, Former President, Tennessee Wesleyan College
* Anthony J "Tony" Fernandez, Interim President, Lewis-Clark State College
* Lynn Gillette, Provost, Executive Vice-President, Sierra Nevada College
* Richard Rafes, Former President, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
The next steps in the selection process will include campus visits by the candidates and interviews with the board. Those dates will be announced in the future.
The presidential search committee was formed at LCSC in June following former president Dene Thomas' resignation to accept a similar position at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colo.