Avant Coeur Gymnastics expands its campus
| September 17, 2023 1:05 AM
Avant Coeur Gymnastics has more than doubled its size by expanding its campus from 6360 N. Sunshine St. (south of Hanley Avenue) to the former Tri-State Outfitters building at 6275 N. Sunshine St. (just east of U.S. 95).
Offering gymnastics, Ninja Warrior and ParCoeur classes for all ages, the place is open daily for classes and parties. It started in 1995 and moved into the north gym in 2000. Lisa Rennebaum is the owner.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. Phone 208-772-9443. Check www.cdagym.com. Email email@example.com.
Modern Roots opens in downtown Cd'A
Developing and creating body care with natural ingredients for sensitive, mature and acne-prone skin. Modern Roots will open Thursday at 110 N. Fourth St.
Owner-creator Meg DiMercurio and staff make patented pain-reducing balms and salves, antiwrinkles, nourishing soaps, bubble products, hair care, beard care and more. The products are based on skin cell attraction, biology and skin's acid mantel.
She owns three stores in Minnesota and one in Kalispell and ships the products where requested. Hours here at 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Check www.ModernRoots.org.
Lancaster Market coming to Rathdrum
A large combination gas station and convenience store called Lancaster Market is being built at 6308 W. Lancaster Road in Rathdrum.
Dan and Amanda Duvall will offer snacks, hot food, cold drinks and a huge selection of beer and wine when it opens in December. It will have high tops for seating. Tina Taormina will be store manager.
Metro Express Car Wash adding Hayden location
With a focus on positive customer experiences and protecting the environment, a Metro Express Car Wash is being built at 418 Frysburg Ave. in Hayden.
Bill Martin started the company in Boise in 1981, merged the company with other partners and increased to 35 locations. The runoff water is treated before it goes into the aquifers. The employees offer attention to detail through old-fashioned service.
The Hayden location will be the company's 11th in the Inland Northwest.
Now the Tidbits
• The TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotels will open about the end of November where the Outback Steakhouse restaurant was in Northwood Center Court southeast of the intersection of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• With 100% wood-fired, Neapolitan-inspired products, a Cascadia Pizza Co. is "coming soon" to Rathdrum at 8083 W. Main St. (at the corner of Mill Avenue). It should open in the spring with indoor, and outdoor seating and takeout. Check www.Cascadiapizzaco.com.
• The Wellness Bar has opened a new location in Riverstone. They offer their cold, pressed juices, acai bowls, smoothies, ginger shots and more at a shop next to the Culinary Stone, 2133 N. Main St., Coeur d’Alene. Hours are Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Info: www.niwellnessbar.com
• With many options for food and beverages in an elevated space and on a patio, Rooted Social House is planned for 310 N. Spokane St. in Post Falls.
• A four-story 151-room Hyatt Place Hotel is planned for the Millworx development on Fourth Avenue in Post Falls.
• Taco Bell on Hanley Avenue is closed for remodeling.
• Mountain View Business Center is offering commercial leases for flex space in the new building at 9044 W. Prairie Ave. Pacific Mechanical & Electric will be in about Oct. 1. Three other spaces are available through Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860 or 208-765-2222.
• The seasonal Coeur d'Alene Flea Market with more than 40 vendors at the Roosevelt Inn, 105 E. Wallace Ave. is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 8. It includes crafts, eats, live music and more. Phone 208-691-2670. Check www.cdaflea.com.
• Describing it as a "new product vendor mall," Marketplace@Miles is under construction in the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue in Hayden. Spaces in a variety of sizes are available for retail vendors with additional onsite storage offered. It should open before the holiday shopping season. Information is through Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
• A new facility for Bolton Law is being built at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop just off Northwest Boulevard on the east end of Riverstone. The new location should open in the spring. Check www.kjboltonlaw.com.
• New coffee drive-throughs will be Jitterz at 1422 Northwest Blvd. and Wake-Up Call at Cherry and U.S. 95.
• Watch for a change of occupant at 245 W. Bosanko.
• A third location for Riverstone Dental Care is being built at the intersection of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue. Planning to open at the end of the year, it will join the company's current locations at 2344 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Coeur d'Alene and 3095 E. Mullan Ave. (Suite 400) in Post Falls. Phone 208-676-8500. Check www.riverstonedental.com.
• Three suites are available in a new building at 2420 Government Way. Ranging from 898 to 915 square feet, each unit is a shell with a fully finished bathroom with tenants finishing the balance of the space. For information, contact Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Commercial real estate at 2000 Northwest Blvd. Phone 208-765-2222.
• Commercial spaces on the first floor and 24 apartments on the second and third floors are planned for a new Appleway Quarter building planned for 281 E. Appleway (behind the existing Wellness Bar and Hometown Chiro building). Three of the four spots are temporarily reserved on the first floor with 5,000 square feet remaining. The apartments will include 16 two-bed, two-bath units and eight one-bed one-bath, all with access to a third-floor barbecue sun deck and private gym. Construction should start this year with completion in fall 2024. Contact Chad Oakland of Northwest Realty Group at 208-664-4200 or www.northwestrealtygroup.com.
• Selkirk Sport will relocate its pro shop from 12037 N. Tracey Road in Hayden to 7878 Government Way later this year.
• Huetter Business Park, which is three flex industrial and office buildings owned by Etco Services, will open in late fall on Huetter Road north of Interstate 90 and Seltice Way. About 8,600 square feet and yard space are available in each building through leasing agent Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860.
• Many commercial construction projects are happening between Stateline and Post Falls. Here's a list of the places. To see more precise locations, check the www.inlandnwbusiness.com website by Matt Behringer. The businesses listed include a Circle K gas station and convenience store, a Napa Auto Parts, Wendy's, The Joint Chiropractic and The Man Shop, Gesa Credit Union, Nutex Post Falls Emergency Hospital, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Taco Bell and Thai Bamboo. Other new buildings will include apartments, condos, warehouses and storage spaces.
• The children's activity center Make It Messy and the marine construction company R&R Northwest is opening in a new building at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. Make It Messy is a blend between an arts and craft space, sensory play and activities such as at a children's museum. People of all ages can express themselves creatively, expand their imaginations and stimulate their senses. It can host birthday parties or private family events through owner Heather Gillis. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Check www.makeitmessycda.com. R&R Northwest and founder Brandon Richardson are booking projects for summer 2024. Check www.rrnorthwest.com.
• A new ambulatory surgery center is under construction by Northwest Specialty Hospital at 1624 E. Mullan Ave. directly east of its main campus at 1593 E. Polston Ave. in Post Falls. The 9,600-square-foot place will be used for surgeries that don't require overnight stays and will have two outpatient surgery rooms with options for future expansion. It should open in early 2024. Phone 208-262-2300. Check www.nwsh.com.
• With buildings of 168,000 and 238,000 square feet, The Pointe at Post Falls should be complete in October on North Beck Road and Pointe Parkway. Zoned industrial, the buildings have deck-high loading doors and eight ground-level drive-in doors. Check Darren Slackman for lease rates at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 509-622-3593.
• The fence outside the long-empty Golden Corral building off U.S. 95 has a sign (Coming Soon — Yummy Crab Seafood).
• New buildings for Tractor Supply, Idaho Guns & Outdoors and Hayden Sharp DDS are being built in the Athol Crossings complex east of U.S. 95 in Athol. They are joining several other new places with the key business of Super 1 Foods.
• A new Marriott Hotel will evidently be built downtown.
• A Gates Dental building will be at 2208 N. Merritt Creek Road.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete soon at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554.
• Beacon Clinic (formerly Beacon Cancer Care) opened Aug. 28 in its new location at 3815 N. Schreiber Way. Ironwood Family Practice will also be moving into the building in February 2024. For spaces in the building, contact Helo Hancock at email@example.com or Shayna Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls. Make-A-Wish Idaho is new at 362 N. Herborn.
• Building permits have been issued for several businesses planning to be in The Mill building under construction at 1705 Government Way. Included are an apparel shop, a barber shop, a beauty-and-wellness place, a bone-and-dye place, a coffee shop and the Ten/6 restaurant. When complete, The Mill will be four stories of 43,000 square feet with retail on the ground floor and 43 apartments on the upper floors. The building owner is Widmyer Corp. real estate.
• New buildings under construction in Hayden include Lake Forest Interior Design (9245 Government Way) and Hayden Surgery Center (8552 Government Way).
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• A Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery will be built at 201 W. Neider Ave.
• The Lighthouse Motel is being renovated at 2018 Sherman.
• A large building planned to open in late summer or fall for 851 Fourth Ave. (at Idaho Street) in Post Falls will be called Kindred & Co. with books, home goods and a bistro.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way (near the intersection of Highway 41 and Interstate 90) in Post Falls.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Ariat, Kimes Ranch and Wrangler are western-wear stores that will be coming into the Silver Lake Mall.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. All four commercial units are leased.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• "Coming Soon" signs in Hayden are for a Dirty Bird Self Car Wash and Consign Furniture.
• A DOMA Coffee Roasting Co. will be on the over-the-river side of a development being built where the end of Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Sebastian's Coffee & Pastry will be at 1114 W. Ironwood.
• Pilgrim's Market will expand to a building across the street.
• A new pizza place will be in the former Syringa building on Fourth Street.
• A few major streets could really use a regular litter-pickup team such as Kathleen Avenue.
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.