Hess Professional Building nearing completion
| November 5, 2023 1:00 AM
The Hess Professional Building under construction at 8927 N. Hess St. in Hayden will comprise four commercial units. Two have been leased to Root's Hair Studio and First Steps Chiropractic.
Two are available for lease through Rosenberger Construction at 208-772-5018. Completion should be Jan. 1.
Golden Rule Brake opening in Post Falls
An auto repair shop specializing in brake and suspension repair, Golden Rule Brake plans to open Nov. 13 at 3826 E. Seltice Way in Post Falls.
Celebrating 70 years in business in 2024, owner Dallas Low is the third generation in his family to run Golden Rule with four area locations and more planned.
With store manager Mike Thrasher, hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays with a major giveaway promotion planned for the first week. Phone 208-777-9773. Check www.goldenrulebrake.com.
Roots Hair Studio offers full services
Offering full hair services, Roots Hair Studio has been at 9751 Government Way since 2014. Amy Jones offers all types of extensions, scalp facials-massage with scalp health, luxurious facials, dermaplaining, eyelash extensions, eyebrow services, chemical peels and waxing. Hours are Monday through Saturday or by appointment. The new location will have eight styling stations and two esthetician rooms.
Phone 208-449-8000. Check www.visitrootshair.com.
First Steps Chiropractic to open in March
Now at 8836 N. Hess St. (Suite E), First Steps Chiropractic began in 2018 with the commitment to provide specialized neuro-tonal chiropractic care for families. Dr. Henry and Lindsay Kornegay offer comprehensive chiropractic services tailored for the unique needs of children and pregnant women.
With care for individuals and families, help is provided for autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety, constipation, ADHD, seizures, chronic colds and cough, apraxia, asthma, depression, speech delays, sleep challenges and ear infections.
Other key people are Dr. Nicole Dees, Kenzie Romero and Sara Kender. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday. Phone 208-518-0705. Check www.firststepchiropractic.com.
Now the Tidbits
• The Appleway Quarter new building at 295 E. Appleway will have businesses on the ground floor and 24 apartments on the two floors above. Spaces are leased to 208 Massage & Spa and a tap house. The 6,000 square feet remaining could contain one to three units. Contact Chad Oakland at 208-704-2000 or email@example.com. Dan Stubbs shares ownership. The apartments (16 two-bedroom and eight one-bedroom) will have private decks and share common-area patios, an elevator and garages or carports. The building should be complete next fall by J. Meyer Construction with Momentum Architecture.
• Specializing in men's haircuts, beard trims, brow waxing and shaves, Man Shop has a new location at 1438 W. Appleway. Discounts include for seniors, veterans and first-responders. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, 9 to 6 Saturdays and 10 to 5 Sundays. Check www.themanshops.com. Another new place will be at State Line in March.
• Possibilities has closed on Sherman Avenue and moved to an area inside Seasons restaurant building on Lakeside.
• Offering a wide range of medical, health and wellness concerns, Ironwood Family Practice will be expanding to a new facility at 3815 Schreiber Way (Suite 102). The physician-owned clinic has been at 920 W. Ironwood Drive (Suite 101) since 1986. Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-667-4557. Check www.ironwoodfp.com.
• Built specifically for patients with mobility problems who need orthopedic outpatient surgery, the Hayden Surgery Center is under construction at 8552 Government Way.
• French Cleaners has closed at 305 E. Locust Ave. after 63 years in business. Unclaimed items will be held until Nov. 7 and then donated to charity.
• Canton Asian Restaurant at 113 N. Fourth St. is renovating to become a Hula Pot restaurant in December.
• Opening later this fall, The Mill at 1705 Government Way is offering move-in specials for prospective tenants.The four-story building has 43 apartments with amenities of a prime location, a fitness center, a community clubhouse and a roof-top deck. To check the early-bird specials phone 208-664-5081 (Ext. 216). The main floor is completely leased to the commercial tenants of the Ten/6 restaurant, Copal Salon, Heart City Barber, Fiore Beauty & Wellness and Lia at the Lake.
• Planning a mid-November completion, Legacy Heating & Cooling is building a new complex at 110 W. Lions Way in Hayden. The company offers commercial heating and cooling repair, replacement, maintenance and new construction. Phone 208-762-2777. Check www.legacyheatingcooling.com.
• After more than 25 years in Kootenai County, Hayden Lake Physical Therapy & Aquatics is adding a new place at the corner of Highway 41 and Early Dawn in Post Falls. Check www.Haydenlakept.com.
• A large combination gas station and convenience store called Lancaster Market is being built at 6308 W. Lancaster Road in Rathdrum. Dan and Amanda Duvall will offer snacks, hot food, cold drinks and a huge selection of beer and wine when it opens in December. .
• With a focus on positive customer experiences and protecting the environment, a Metro Express Car Wash is being built at 418 Fryeburg Ave. in Hayden.
• The TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotels will open in the spring where the Outback Steakhouse restaurant was in Northwood Center Court southeast of the intersection of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
* With 100% wood-fired, Neapolitan-inspired products, a Cascadia Pizza Co. is "coming soon" to Rathdrum at 8083 W. Main St. (at the corner of Mill Avenue). It should open in the spring with indoor, and outdoor seating and takeout. Check www.Cascadiapizzaco.com.
• With many options for food and beverages in an elevated space and on a patio, Rooted Social House is planned for 310 N. Spokane St. in Post Falls.
• A four-story 151-room Hyatt Place Hotel is planned for the Millworx development on Fourth Avenue in Post Falls.
• Taco Bell on Hanley Avenue is closed for remodeling.
• Mountain View Business Center is offering commercial leases for flex space in the new building at 9044 W. Prairie Ave. Pacific Mechanical & Electric is one tenant. Three other spaces are available through Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860 or 208-765-2222.
• Yummy Crab will be in the former Golden Corral building off U.S. 95.
• Describing it as a "new product vendor mall," Marketplace@Miles is under construction in the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue in Hayden. Spaces in a variety of sizes are available for retail vendors with additional onsite storage offered. It should open before the holiday shopping season. Information is through Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
• A new facility for Bolton Law is being built at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop just off Northwest Boulevard on the east end of Riverstone. The new location should open in the spring. Check www.kjboltonlaw.com.
• New coffee drive-throughs will be Jitterz at 1422 Northwest Blvd. and Wake-Up Call at Cherry and U.S. 95.
• Chipotle Mexican Grill is evidently making plans for new places in Coeur d'Alene (on Neider Avenue) and Post Falls (off Highway 41).
• A third location for Riverstone Dental Care is being built at the intersection of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue. Planning to open at the end of the year, it will join the company's current locations at 2344 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Coeur d'Alene and 3095 E. Mullan Ave, (Suite 400) in Post Falls. Phone 208-676-8500. Check www.riverstonedental.com.
• Three suites are available in a new building at 2420 Government Way. Ranging from 898 to 915 square feet, each unit is a shell with a fully finished bathroom with tenants finishing the balance of the space. For information contact Danny Davis of Coldwell Banker Commercial real estate at 2000 Northwest Blvd. Phone 208-765-2222.
• Selkirk Sport will relocate its pro shop from 12037 N. Tracey Road in Hayden to 7878 Government Way later this year.
• Huetter Business Park, which is three flex industrial and office buildings owned by Etco Services, will open in late fall on Huetter Road north of Interstate 90 and Seltice Way. About 8,600 square feet and yard space are available in each building through leasing agent Jeffrey Simonds of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-518-8860.
• Many commercial construction projects are happening between State Line and Post Falls. Here's a list of the places. To see more precise locations check the www.inlandnwbusiness.com website by Matt Behringer. The businesses listed include a Circle K gas station and convenience store, a Napa Auto Parts, Wendy's, The Joint Chiropractic and The Man Shop, Gesa Credit Union, Nutex Post Falls Emergency Hospital, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, Dutch Bros. Coffee, Taco Bell and Thai Bamboo. Other new buildings will include apartments, condos, warehouses and storage spaces.
• The children's activity center Make It Messy and the marine construction company R&R Northwest is opening in a new building at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. Make It Messy is a blend between an arts and craft space, sensory play and activities such as at a children's museum. People of all ages can express themselves creatively, expand their imaginations and stimulate their senses. It can host birthday parties or private family events through owner Heather Gillis. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekdays, 10-7:30 Saturdays and 12-5 Sundays. Check www.makeitmessycda.com. R&R Northwest and founder Brandon Richardson are booking projects for summer 2024. Check www.rrnorthwest.com.
• A new ambulatory surgery center is under construction by Northwest Specialty Hospital at 1624 E. Mullan Ave. directly east of its main campus at 1593 E. Polston Ave. in Post Falls. The 9,600-square-foot place will be used for surgeries that don't require overnight stays and will have two outpatient surgery rooms with options for future expansion. It should open in early 2024. Phone 208-262-2300. Check www.nwsh.com.
• With buildings of 168,000 and 238,000 square feet, The Pointe at Post Falls should be complete in October on North Beck Road and Pointe Parkway. Zoned industrial, the buildings have deck-high loading doors and eight ground-level drive-in. doors. Check Darren Slackman for lease rates at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 509-622.3593.
• New buildings for Idaho Guns & Outdoors and Hayden Sharp DDS are being built in the Athol Crossings complex east of U.S. 95 in Athol. They are joining several other new places with the key business of Super 1 Foods.
• A new Marriott Hotel will evidently be built downtown.
• A Gates Dental building will be at 2208 N. Merritt Creek Road.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete soon at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554. Phone 208-664-0278.
• Ironwood Family Practice will be in the large building under renovation at 3815 N. Schreiber Way. For spaces in the building contact Helo Hancock at email@example.com or Shayna Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls. Make-A-Wish Idaho is new at 362 N. Herborn.
• New buildings under construction in Hayden include Lake Forest Interior Design (9245 Government Way) and Hayden Surgery Center (8552 Government Way).
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• The Lighthouse Motel is being renovated at 2018 Sherman.
• A large building planned to open in late summer or fall for 851 Fourth Ave. (at Idaho Street) in Post Falls will be called Kindred & Co. with books, home goods and a bistro.
• Watch for a change where Gross Donuts was at U.S. 95 and Cherry. One place will be Wake-Up Call Coffee.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December 2023 will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• Bolton Law Office will be a new building at 2317 N. Merritt Creek Loop in Riverstone.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Kimes Ranch and Wrangler are western-wear stores that will be coming to Silver Lake Mall.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. All four commercial units are leased.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• "Coming Soon" signs in Hayden are for a Metro Express car wash, Dirty Bird Self Car Wash and a Consign Furniture.
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel will open in the spring where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of Interstate 90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• A DOMA Coffee Roasting Co. will be on the over-the-river side of a development being built where the end of Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Pilgrim's Market will expand to a building across the street.
• A new pizza place will be in the former Syringa building on Fourth Street.
• Too often, the punctuation is wrong when writing decades. Those born in the (60's) should be in the ('60s).
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.