Prairie Athletic Center open in Post Falls
Prairie Athletic Center is located at 4044 W. Prairie Ave. in Post Falls.
Jeramie Terzulli (left) and Tony Villelli, two of the owners for Marketplace@Miles, a product vendor mall coming to Government Way and Miles Avenue.
Elin Kovash, owner of Magpie.
Inside the Prairie Athletic Center.
| May 7, 2023 1:06 AM
Prairie Athletic Center is now open at 4044 W. Prairie Ave. in Post Falls.
The 13,000 square feet of court space includes two full-regulation basketball courts, two volleyball courts and a viewing area. Hourly gym rental is available for team practices, training sessions, competitive games and tournaments on afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Possible activities include cornhole, pickleball, basketball, volleyball, sport camps, small group agility training, sports leagues, private school classes and parties.
Contact Royce Johnson at 208-691-3054 for summer or fall gym space rental.
Also called the Mountain View Business Center, additional suites are available through Joel Johnson (208-771-6068) and Jeffrey Simonds (208-518-8860) of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty.
Magpie moves to Sherman Avenue
With home decor, gifts, furniture and art, Magpie has moved from a small space on Fourth Street to the former Angel Gallery location at 423 Sherman Ave.
Elin Kovash has hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday with a focus on American-made products. Phone 208-691-1231. Check www.magpieidaho.com.
Marketplace@Miles to be a vendor mall
With complete renovation underway, the building in the southeast corner of Government Way and Miles Avenue will become a new product vendor mall.
It will include small booth and retail kiosk space when it opens before the holiday shopping season. Owners are Tony and Susan Villelli, Jeff and Kellie Hanna, Jeramie and Angela Terzulli and Rob Franc. Additional partners are Tom and Ashley Villelli, Devin and Stacie Nagel, Illya and Tony Dotson, and Chad and Melissa Burd.
For available space, contact Commercial Real Estate Consultants at 208-691-5328 and check www.marketplaceatmiles.com.
Now the Tidbits
• Farmers' Markets by the Coeur d'Alene Downtown Association at Fifth and Sherman downtown will be 4-7 p.m. Wednesdays May 10 through Sept. 27. The Kootenai County Farmers' Market will be on Main Street in Riverstone 4-7 Wednesdays May 17 to Sept. 27. The Saturday market will be 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. May 13 to Oct. 21 at U.S. 95 and Prairie.
• North Idaho Eye Institute has acquired the former Teton Restaurant building at 1901 Seltice in Post Falls and will move there in August from 1110 Polston.
• Construction has begun on major changes to Prairie Falls Golf Club at 3200 N. Spokane St., Post Falls. The 43,000-square-foot facility will have 17 hotel suites with kitchenettes and oversize windows with mountain views and two executive suites and a presidential suite with a private balcony above the golf course. It will also have a large event center that can seat up to 300 with a kitchen and bar, six golf simulator bays, a clubhouse, pro shop and local businesses such as River City Pizza, Anchored Coffee and The Lounge Day Spa & Wellness. The golf course is open. Owners Rob and Emily Angeli Clark plan to open The Suites at Prairie Falls in June. Retail space is available at 1,700 square feet. Check www.prairiefallsgolfclub.com. Phone 208-618-4727.
• With 16 luxury apartments on floors 2 and 3 and an Akamai Coffee Co. on the ground floor, the Midtown Centre Apartments building should be complete in mid-June at 821 N. Fourth St. The contact is John Beutler of Century 21 Realty at 208-765-5554 and closed during lunch hour. Phone 208-664-0278.
• Construction is busy for Cornerstone, a four-story complex at 1579 W. Riverstone Drive (across from Red Robin) in the Riverstone complex. The ground floor has three commercial spaces and two lobbies. It should be complete in June.
• Beacon Cancer Care and Ironwood Family Practice will be in the large building under renovation at 3815 N. Schreiber Way. For spaces in the building, contact Helo Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shayna Wood at email@example.com.
• A two-story building is under construction at 8552 Government Way for Hayden Surgery Center.
• A branch of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine (OSSM), Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is building a new structure at 8468 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. It should open May 1. Check www.ossmidaho.com.
• Two 1,550-square-foot suites with 2,500-square-foot shop areas will be available for lease in Anderl Plaza under construction at 8512 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden. For information, contact Hayden Anderl at 208-964-0234.
• U-Haul Self-Storage will be at Seltice Way and Herborn in Post Falls.
• Tractor Supply and Idaho Guns & Outdoors are building new stores in Athol.
• Two Harbor Center docks are being constructed at the end of Academic Way where the road ends at the building with multiple college offices. Both docks with about 25 spaces will open about Memorial Day and be seasonally open from May to September. One dock will house KJ Watersports with a rental fleet including pontoons, ski boats and waverunners. Check www.kjwatersports.com. The other dock will have Hayden Lake Paddleboard & Jet Ski. Check www.cdaboatrentals.com. Phone 208-818-0494.
• Building permits have been issued for several businesses planning to be in The Mill building under construction at 1705 Government Way. Included are an apparel shop, a barber shop, a beauty-and-wellness place, a bone-and-dye place, a coffee shop and the Ten/6 restaurant. When complete, The Mill will be four stories of 43,000 square feet with retail on the ground floor and 43 apartments on the upper floors. The building owner is Widmyer Corp. real estate. Watch for a spring opening.
• Lake Forest Interior Design is under construction in Hayden at 9245 Government Way.
• A commercial building with three suites is being constructed at 9041 N. Hess St. (just north of Walmart) in Hayden. The suites of 1,100 square feet each can contain retail or office places with easy access and visibility to U.S. 95. They should be available May 1. Contact Josh Beebe at Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• A new building for Anthem Pacific Homes is being constructed at Highway 41 and 16th Avenue in Post Falls. Anthem Pacific will occupy one suite, and three suites of 1,800 to 2,000 square feet are available through owner Jeremy Voeller at www.anthempacific.com. Phone 208-981-0448.
• The neighboring Anthem Corners project has one of the three suites leased with two units available. They can be combined for a 3,920-square-foot unit available April 1. Contact Joel Johnson of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller at 208-771-6068.
• A Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery will be built at 201 W. Neider Ave.
• The Lighthouse Motel is being renovated at 2018 Sherman.
• A large building planned to open in late summer or fall for 851 Fourth Ave. (at Idaho Street) in Post Falls will be called Kindred & Co. with books, home goods and a bistro.
• What has been Asian Twist in Ironwood Square (behind Albertson's) will be Our Thai House with major changes. Details here soon.
• North Idaho Eye Institute will move from 1110 Polston to 1901 Seltlce (the former Teton restaurant) in August.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivore evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A medical office will be at 909 W. Canfield.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way (near the intersection of Highway 41 and Interstate 90) in Post Falls.
• Coeur Climbing Gym is leasing a large warehouse space at 764 S. Clearwater in Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls to open soon.
• The fourth Kootenai County location of Dutch Bros Coffee will be built soon at 6299 W. Pointe Parkway (next to Panda Express near Cabela's and Walmart) west of Post Falls.
• Watch for the opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway (between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon). The 271 building contains The Well•ness Bar and will have Lonestar Locs. The 291 building has Hometown Chiropractic and will have Chip Cookies.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave. in Post Falls. Details soon.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Roger's Burgers on Government Way.
• Ariat and Wrangler are two western-wear stores that will be coming into Silverlake Mall.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave. It has four units for lease through Ashton Underdahl at 208-691-0691.
• Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• "Coming Soon" signs in Hayden are for a Metro Express car wash, Dirty Bird Self Car Wash and a Consign Furniture.
• Gentlemen Sausages will be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
• A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
• A spy says a restaurant will be built where Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Watch for The Flats motel at Sherman Avenue and 21st Street.
• Now we need litter pickup on I-90 at Higgens Point.
• Labeled as "James Supp of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho," each week he's one of the televised appraisers on "Antiques Roadshow."
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.