The Well•ness Bar opening new location
The fourth location of The Well•ness Bar is located at 271 W. Appleway.
Justin Curtis (left) and Travis Dickinson of Cochinito Taqueria, which opens Feb. 7 in Hayden.
Golden Rule Brake is planning to open a new building in the southwest corner of Seltice Way and Highway 41 in Post Falls.
Adrienne and Bruce Winters of Holiday's Hallmark & Florist in Coeur d'Alene.
| January 22, 2023 1:07 AM
A fourth location of The Well•ness Bar is planned for opening Monday in a new building at 271 W. Appleway (across from Wendy's).
A one-stop shop for healthy food on-the-go, it offers a drive-through and walk-in for ready-made salads, cold-pressed juices, protein-packed quinoa and acai bowls, smoothies and more.
Owner Monica Lang is a Coeur d'Alene native and Lake City High School graduate. The Well•ness Bar is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays with other stores in downtown Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls and Hayden. Phone 208-966-4028. Check www.niwellnessbar.com.
Cochinito Taqueria opening in Hayden
Mexican-inspired food and a full bar will be available at Cochinito Taqueria when it opens Feb. 7 at 9426 Government Way (across from Ski Shack) in Hayden.
Travis Dickinson, Justin Curtis and Leon Josaitis will offer eclectic, chef-made tacos and more 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (probably closed Mondays) with seating for 80 dine-in, take-out and eventually delivery and catering. Phone 208-518-1517.
They have had a restaurant in downtown Spokane for more than four years. Check www.cochinitotaqueria.com.
Golden Rule Brake plans new place
With a goal of opening in May, Golden Rule Brake plans a new building in the southwest corner of Seltice Way and Highway 41 in Post Falls.
With four locations and opening in 1954, owner Dallas Low said they offer work on brakes, shocks, struts, CV joints, ball joints, tie rods and alignments. Check www.goldenrulebake.com.
Winterses are retiring from Holiday Hallmark
After 35 years, Bruce and Adrienne Winters are retiring Feb. 28 from Holiday's Hallmark & Florist at 224 W. Ironwood Drive.
Starting downtown on Sherman Avenue, the Winterses also have stores in Spokane, Pullman and Liberty Lake. They were active in community groups. The Coeur d'Alene store will offer 20% off or more on most merchandise. Trudy's Hallmark (with 68 stores) is the new owner.
Now the Tidbits
• A large building planned to open in late summer or fall for 851 fourth Ave. (at Idaho Street) in Post Falls will be called Kindred & Co. with books, home goods and a bistro.
• The JIK Printshop is new at 410 E. Harrison Ave. Details here soon.
• A Columbia and Under Armor clothing store is new in Silver Lake Mall.
• What has been Asian Twist in Ironwood Square (behind Albertson's) will be Our Thai House with major changes. Details here soon.
• A two-story, 26,000-square-foot building for Hayden Surgery Center is under construction at 8552 Government Way. The main floor will include Orthopedic Urgent Care, an orthopedic clinic and a physical therapy office. The second floor will have a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with four operating rooms and a procedure room. The basement will have storage, mechanical and electrical spaces.
• The large new building at 5711 Government Way will open in March as a new place for Schaffer's Towing.
• A Beau Monde Exchange will be at 9428 Government Way.
• Spoon Junkie or Rogue Carnivor evidently will be a new place at 400 N. Fourth St.
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A sign says Kindred Bookstore and Bistro will be built at Fourth Avenue and Idaho Street in Post Falls.
• A Hawaiian-style menu will be featured at Konala, a new restaurant under construction at 107 E. Seventh Ave. (behind the Bunker Bar on Spokane Street) in Post Falls. Owners Trace and Jammie Miller (also owners of The Bunker Bar and Burger Bunker) plan to open in March. The website will be www.konala.com.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December 2023 will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Coeur Climbing Gym is leasing a large warehouse space at 764 S. Clearwater in Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls to open soon.
• The fourth Kootenai County location of Dutch Bros Coffee will be built soon at 6299 W. Pointe Parkway (next to Panda Express near Cabela's and Walmart) west of Post Falls.
• A new building for Anthem Pacific Homes is being constructed at Highway 41 and 16th Avenue in Post Falls. Three of the four suites 1,800 to 2,000 square feet are available for office warehouse flex lease through owner Jeremy Voeller at www.anthempacific.com. Phone 208-981-0448.
• A large new building with River City Urology to be on the second floor is under construction at Spokane Street and Third Avenue in Post Falls. The urology business is expanding from Ironwood in Coeur d'Alene. With completion planned by Feb. 1, the first floor will have a chiropractor and 3,500 square feet of space available through Realtor Josh Beebe of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The former Wells Fargo building at Sherman and Third Street will have an art gallery and office for owner Pepper Smock's Windermere-Coeur d'Alene Realty.
• Watch for the opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway (between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon). The 271 building will contain The Well•ness Bar and has a 1,200-square-foot commercial space available. The 291 building will have Hometown Chiropractic and Chip Cookie.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• A large building is under construction at 9046 W. Prairie Ave. (near Greensferry) for Mountain View Business Center. Contact Royce Johnston at 208-691-3054 for team rental information. For lease information, contact Logan Rude at 208-651-8825.
• Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave. in Post Falls. Details soon.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Roger's Burgers on Government Way.
• Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven avenues in Post Falls.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
• Coeur d'Alene On Ice is in McEuen Park until Jan. 29. Check www.CDAOnIce.com.
• The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses (including Ten/6 Restaurant) on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
• Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
• Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
• An automotive service center will be built at 185 W. Clayton Ave.
• A Metro Express sign is at Highway 41 and Prairie.
• Gentlemen Sausages will be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
• A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
• A spy says a restaurant will be built where Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Watch for The Flats motel at Sherman Avenue and 21st Street.
• A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden Center (9225 Government Way) on Jan. 31.
• It's interesting to get information from Google. For instance, the biggest fast-food restaurant chains are Subway (42,998 places), McDonald's (37,200) and Starbucks (30,000).
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.