From banking to beauty
| September 18, 2022 1:07 AM
Watch for major physical and occupant changes to the former Wells Fargo building at Sherman and Third Street.
Highlands Day Spa will occupy the 301 building in October. Expanding from its original location at Highlands Golf Course in Post Falls, owner Emily Hildebrand will offer professional massage therapists, hair stylists and skin and nail technicians with a steam room, dry sauna, cold plunge, hot tub, a salon, reception room, locker rooms and relaxation spaces on two floors. Check www.highlandsdayspa.com.
The attached 305 building will include an art gallery and office for owner Pepper Smock's Windermere Coeur d'Alene Realty.
Breaking Bread Artisan Bistro at Best and Fourth St.
With seating for 40 people inside and four outside, Breaking Bread Artisan Bistro has opened in the former Davis Donuts building at 2520 N. Fourth St. (at Best Avenue).
Owners Dana and Glenn Robinson and Hether and Matthew Young offer fresh-baked pastries, bread and sourdough, fresh soup, panini grilled pressed sandwiches and many beverages.
Hours are 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. Call 208-664-1701. Check www.breakingbreadcda.com.
Avalanche Insurance moves to Dalton
Offering "best rates and coverages," Avalanche Insurance Agency has moved from 28 years on East Sherman Avenue to 7352 Government Way (Suite 1) in Dalton Gardens.
The family-owned business offers insurance for autos, homes, businesses, life, health and RVs. Steve Adams, Brad Schultz and Bryce Ellison are assisted by Stacy Schultz, Misti Guidry and Scott Schultz.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Phone 208-762-2700. Check www.avalanche-ins.com.
Now the Tidbits:
- Watch for a November opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway (between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon). The 271 building will contain The Wellness Bar and has a 1,200-square-foot commercial space available. The 291 building will have Hometown Chiropractic and Chip Cookie.
*Coeur d'Alene Foot & Ankle Clinic is expanding at 101 Ironwood Drive.
- Uncorked With Friends will be at 9443 Government Way in Hayden.
- Cochinito Taqueria will be in Hayden.
- Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
- A large building is under construction at 9046 W. Prairie Ave. (near Greensferry) for Mountain View Business Center. Contact Royce Johnston at 208-691-3054 for team rental information. For lease information contact Logan Rude at 208-651-8825.
- Construction should start soon on a Class A professional office building in the northwest corner of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road in Hayden.
- A new Metro Express Car Wash will be built where the "Coming Soon" sign is at the intersection of Lancaster Road and U.S. 95 in Hayden.
- Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave. in Post Falls. Details soon.
- The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Ave. will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
- Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
- St. Joseph's Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy Clinic will have a new building at 849 N. Syringa, Post Falls.
- Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
- Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90.
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
- The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi's quick service restaurant will soon be in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- Watch for construction of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive.
- Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- Check your vehicle lights. Now that it gets light later and dark earlier, many rigs are missing lights.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com