Time for some tacos
| October 30, 2022 1:07 AM
Cochinito Taqueria will open soon at 9426 Government Way, across from Ski Shack, in Hayden.
The eatery specializes in eclectic chef-made tacos and Mexican inspired food with a Northwest influence. With a fast casual concept, guests order at the counter before finding their seat. With a full bar, the place seats 80 people with dine-in, take-out and eventually delivery and catering.
Owners Travis Dickinson, Justin Curtis and Leon Josaitis are open 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. They have had a place in Spokane for almost five years. Check www.cochinitotaqueria.com.
Donohoe Construction in new place Nov. 1
In construction in North Idaho for 22 years, and now at 2033 Seltice Way, the family-owner contractors offer commercial and residential construction and expanded into excavation with 24 full-time employees.
Open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, the new place includes multi offices and a shop area. Owners are Rich Donohoe, David Donohoe and Jake Donohoe. Phone 208-660-7649. Check www.donohoe-construction.com.
Golden Rule Brake coming to Post Falls
Planning to break ground in December, Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way, near the intersection of Highway 41 and Interstate 90, in Post Falls.
The fourth location of the business will offer brakes, shocks, struts, CV joints, ball joints, tie rods and alignments.
Dallas Low's family has owned the business since 1954. The new place should open in May. Check www.goldenrulebrake.com.
Burger Dock "grand opening" ends today
With special treats and prizes, Burger Dock's grand opening ends today downtown at North Fourth Street and Lakeside.
With its first location in Sandpoint, it offers original burger recipes, hand-cut potato fries, salads, shakes and beverages for in-house, take-out and online ordering.
With a modern rustic decor with nautical touches, multiple sport TVs and indoor and outdoor seating, hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (closed Wednesdays) and Fridays and Saturdays until 9 p.m. Check www.theburgerdock.com.
Now the Tidbits
- Coeur Climbing Company is leasing a large warehouse space at 764 S. Clearwater in Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls to open in early 2023.
- The fourth Kootenai County location of Dutch Bros. Coffee will be built soon at 6299 W. Pointe Parkway (next to Panda Express near Cabelas and Walmart) west of Post Falls.
- A new building for Anthem Pacific Homes is being constructed at Highway 41 and 16th in Post Falls. Three of the four suites 1,800 to 2,000 square feet are available for office warehouse flex lease through owner Jeremy Voeller at www.anthempacific.com. Phone 208-981-0448.
- A large new building with River City Urology to be on the second floor is under construction at Spokane Street and Third in Post Falls. The urology business is expanding from Ironwood in Coeur d'Alene. With completion planned by Feb. 1, the first floor will have a chiropractor and 3,500-square-feet of space available through realtor Josh Beebe of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
- Rumors are for a North 40 coming to Rathdrum and a Costco at State Line.
- The former Wells Fargo building at Sherman and Third will have a Highlands Day Spa, an art gallery and office for owner Pepper Smock's Windermere-Coeur d'Alene Realty.
- Watch for a November opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway, between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon. The 271 building will contain The Wellness Bar and has a 1,200-square-foot commercial space available. The 291 building will have Hometown Chiropractic and Chip Cookie.
- Rivaura Estates Winery will be in the former Live For Blue building at 505 E. Sherman.
- Uncorked With Friends will be at 9443 Government Way in Hayden.
- Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness in Ironwood Square.
- A large building is under construction at 9046 W. Prairie Ave., near Greensferry, for Mountain View Business Center. Contact Royce Johnston at 208-691-3054 for team rental information. For lease information contact Logan Rude at 208-651-8825.
- The groundbreaking was Thursday for a Class A professional office building in the northwest corner of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road in Hayden.
- A new Metro Express Car Wash will be built where the "Coming Soon" sign is at the intersection of Lancaster Road and U.S. 95 in Hayden.
- Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave., in Post Falls. Details soon.
- The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Ave., will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
- Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
- Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
- Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
- The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses (including Ten/6 Restaurant) on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi's quick service restaurant will soon be in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- Watch for the opening of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive.
- Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
- HomeTown Family Chiropractic will open soon at 291 E. Appleway.
- A spy says a restaurant will be built where Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
- Watch for many new places coming to Athol.
- Berry Bay Smoothies will be at 8150 N. Cornerstone Drive in Hayden.
- A few English goofs: "exact same" is redundant, the "...ward" words don't have an "s," a comma comes before an ending quote mark (TV's "Jeopardy!" clues always have this wrong), and the TV weather people often use the wrong "further" (meaning "more") instead of "farther" (meaning distance).
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.