Rivaura CDA Tasting Room opens in downtown Cd'A
The Rivaura CDA Tasting Room located at 505 E. Sherman Ave., Coeur d'Alene.
A rendering of the Konala restaurant under construction at 107 E. Seventh Ave., Post Falls.
The UPS store in Hayden (from left) Sara Trutter, Cassy McNeil, Cass Forslof and Dana Stocking.
Inside the Rivaura Winery (from left) Reece Hewett, founder; Lane Hewett, winemaker (Reece's son); Ronald Hewett Sr., founder (Reece and Ron Jr.'s father, Lane and Vince's grandfather); Vince Hewett, winemaker (Ron Jr.'s son); and Ron Hewett Jr., founder.
| November 13, 2022 1:07 AM
The Rivaura CDA Tasting Room has opened at 505 E. Sherman Ave. Its grand opening will be Nov. 18-20.
An expansion of Rivaura Estate Vineyards & Winery in Juliaetta (12 miles east of Lewiston), the place offers case-bottle-glass wine sales, wine tasting, wine club memberships and events, live music, craft beer, an art gallery, TV and event space rentals.
Seating is for about 60 at tables, couches and the bar with hours 2-7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Founders Ron Hewett and sons Ron Jr. and Reece are assisted by Vince Hewett and Lane Hewett and winemaker Billo Naravane. Phone 208-276-3245. Check www.rivaura.com.
New UPS store opens in Hayden
A new UPS (United Parcel Service) store has opened in Prairie Shopping Center (Suite 285) at 285 W. Prairie Ave. in Hayden.
The store offers packing, printing, mail boxes, returns, shipping, shredding, cards, decorative shipping boxes and packaging material. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
Phone 208-762-8800. Check www.theupsstore.com/2859.
Konala restaurant coming to Post Falls
A Hawaiian-style menu will be featured at Konala, a new restaurant under construction at 107 E. Seventh St. (behind the Bunker Bar on Spokane Street).
It will focus on healthy fast food with a drive-through (no interior seating), an online-order pickup window and an outdoor ordering kiosk and seating. Items will include teriyaki chicken, grilled steak, salads and poke bowls.
Owners Trace and Jammie Miller (also owners of The Bunker Bar and Burger Bunker) plan to open in March with daily hours of 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. The website will be www.konala.com.
Now the Tidbits
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December 2023 will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• With services specific to each person, HomeTown Family Chiropractic will open Monday at 291 E. Appleway.
• Planning to break ground in December, Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way (near the intersection of Highway 41 and Interstate 90) in Post Falls.
• Coeur Climbing Gym is leasing a large warehouse space at 764 S. Clearwater in Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls to open in early 2023.
• The fourth Kootenai County location of Dutch Bros Coffee will be built soon at 6299 W. Pointe Parkway (next to Panda Express near Cabelas and Walmart) west of Post Falls.
• A new building for Anthem Pacific Homes is being constructed at Highway 41 and 16th in Post Falls. Three of the four suites 1,800 to 2,000 square feet are available for office warehouse flex lease through owner Jeremy Voeller at www.anthempacific.com. Phone 208-981-0448.
• A large new building with River City Urology to be on the second floor is under construction at Spokane Street and Third in Post Falls. The urology business is expanding from Ironwood in Coeur d'Alene. With completion planned by Feb. 1, the first floor will have a chiropractor and 3,500-square-feet of space available through Realtor Josh Beebe of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The former Wells Fargo building at Sherman and Third will have a Highlands Day Spa, an art gallery and office for owner Pepper Smock's Windermere-Coeur d'Alene Realty.
• Watch for the opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway (between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon). The 271 building will contain The Wellness Bar and has a 1,200-square-foot commercial space available. The 291 building will have Hometown Chiropractic and Chip Cookie.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• A large building is under construction at 9046 W. Prairie Ave. (near Greensferry) for Mountain View Business Center. Contact Royce Johnston at 208-691-3054 for team rental information. For lease information contact Logan Rude at 208-651-8825.
• A new Metro Express Car Wash will be built where the "Coming Soon" sign is at the intersection of Lancaster Road and Highway 95 in Hayden.
• Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave. in Post Falls. Details soon.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
• Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
• A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
• The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses (including Ten/6 Restaurant) on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
• Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
• Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
• Bruchi's quick-service restaurant will soon be in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
• Watch for the opening of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive.
• Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
• A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
• A spy says a restaurant will be built where Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Berry Bay Smoothies will be at 8150 N. Cornerstone Drive in Hayden.
• Thanks to all the places that gave free meals, treats and programs on Veterans Day.
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.