New home, same Gems
After 10 years in The Resort Plaza Shops, Memory Lane Gems is moving to Silver Lake Mall with a June 1 opening.
Owner Lynn Rinker offers estate jewelry, unique gifts, rocks, gems and crystals. The store will join the mall's grand opening soon afterward. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Phone 208-777-5999. Check firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace & Joy moves in The Resort Plaza Shops
The 10-year-old Grace & Joy store in The Resort Plaza Shops has moved to the former Memory Lane location.
The mother-daughter team of Susan Wentz and Chloe and Lilly Hubbard were on a mission trip to Vietnam when they were inspired by colorful fabrics and decided to make their own clothing line.
The store sells their clothes, hand-crafted jewelry, Italian leather and other items for ladies and children. Starting June 1 hours are 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Kelly Sheaman is store manager.
A grand-opening party with live music and refreshments will be at 4-8 p.m., on June 10. Phone 208-597-1195. Check www.shopgraceandjoy.com.
Pearl and Tin opens on Fourth
With fresh flowers, plants, gifts and party supplies, Pearl and Tin will open June 1 in Suite 101 of the new Lucille building at 2605 N. Fourth St.
Owner Tyler Robb, Liz Needham and Hannah Rima have hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Phone 208-659-1963. Check www.pearlandtin.com.
Klein Chiropractic opens in Hayden
With chiropractic care and massage therapy, Klein Chiropractic will open June 1 in Suite A at 1102 W. Hayden Ave.
Dr. Hayden Klein, Dr. Katie Klein and Carly Sampson (massage therapist) offer a variety of options for physical pains, migraines, pediatric and obstetric care and have an in-house X-ray machine.
Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8:30-11 a.m. Saturdays and 6:30-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Phone 208-620-7150. Check www.kleinchiropractichayden.com.
Now the Tidbits
- CDA IDAHO Clothing Co. will expand from its current location at the northeast entry of the Plaza Shops building into the former Grace & Joy space.
- The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue would be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
- Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Rogers Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
- Millworx is a mixed-used development under construction south of I-90 near the Seltice Way junction in Post Falls. It will be residential and commercial (evidently with a hotel).
- St. Joseph's Ear, Nose, Throat & Allergy Clinic will have a new building at 849 N. Syringa, Post Falls.
- Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th and Horsehaven in Post Falls.
- EJC Billiards is new at 6235 N. Sunshine St.
- Post Falls RV Campground is under construction at 70 W. Cabelas Way between the Cabela's store and State Line Walmart in The Pointe at Post Falls.
- Many of 16 commercial lots are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
- A burger place and cosmetic salon will be in the new building at Fourth and Lakeside.
- A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90
- The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was at Fourth and Best.
- Literary Souls Used Books is moving to Suite F at 205 E. Seltice Way.
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden says "Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic."
- A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
- The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
- Consign Furniture has a "coming soon" sign southwest of the U.S. 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- An Express Exterior Carwash is being built in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Watch for construction in the northwest corner of Government Way and Hayden Ave.
- Club Pilates will be in Hayden Design Center at 9235 Government Way.
- Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
- Bruchi's quick service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- Watch for construction of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive.
- A Grease Monkey auto place will be at the Crossings in Athol.
- Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Lake City Deluxe Barbershop & Shave Co. will open June 1 in Suite 102 at 315 E. Lake Coeur d'Alene Drive.
- Retro Arcade on Wheels game truck details will be here soon.
- A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- Advanced Personal Protection Specialists is new in Suite L at 3700 Government Way.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- The CD'A Corner Store is adding a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Coeur d'Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off U.S. 95.
- The Post Falls Pavillion food truck court will be near the Highway 41 and Horsehaven intersection.
- On Memorial Day I remember my friend Heber Nelson, whom I was stationed with in the Coast Guard in San Francisco Bay in 1967. In the Coast Guard volunteers went to Viet Nam ... a dangerous place because the vessels would be shot at from both sides of a river. When Heber decided to go, he gave me his guitar. I told him I'd save it for him. He said he wouldn't be back. And he wasn't. I still have it.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com