THE VETERANS' PRESS: Kootenai County Veteran Services office
Kootenai County Veteran Services office
120 E. Railroad Ave.
Post Falls, ID 83854
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Veterans Service Officer acts as an advocate for veterans and their dependents. The officer provides technical assistance and referral service in obtaining a wide range of entitled veteran benefits, such as:
• Disability Compensation
• VA Pensions (PDF)
• Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
• Burial Benefits
• Re-Opened Claims
• Employment Assistance
• Hospitalization, Medical, Counseling and Rehabilitation Care
• Military Retirement Issues
• Awards and Decorations
• Correction of Military Records
• Referrals to the helping agencies
• The services of this office are FREE to our clients
The Veterans' Transportation Service used to transport veterans to medical facilities in the area, may be reserved by calling 509-434-7537.
To provide an atmosphere of caring, understanding and confidentiality, while serving with respect and integrity, Kootenai County Veterans and Veteran's family members. Acting as an advocate for the veteran to the VA in filing for VA Benefits.