Highlands Day Spa coming to downtown Cd'A
| December 4, 2022 1:06 AM
The Highlands Day Spa is expanding and will open another location, this one in downtown Coeur d'Alene, in the former Wells Fargo building at 301 E. Sherman Ave.
Larger than its space in Post Falls, the Coeur d'Alene Highlands Day Spa includes a steam room, salon, reception room, locker rooms and relaxation spaces on the first floor and spa treatment rooms on the second floor. A dry sauna, cold plunge and hot tub will be added.
With Emily Hildebrand as owner, hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. With Margaret Clarke as manager, the staff includes massage therapists, estheticians, hair stylists, nail techs and spa attendants.
The Post Falls location will continue to serve customers as well.
Patriot Hangout in Neider Plaza
Building a social network for patriots, Patriot Hangout is in a new location at 194 E. Neider Ave. in Neider Plaza next to Little Caeser's Pizza and across from Costco.
Through GrowIT Media, owner Mike Marquardt offers website design and development, mobile apps for restaurants, coffee shops and salons and marketing services. The shop offers American, historical, military and tribute flags to support local law enforcement and first responders.
Schaffer's Towing builds new place
The large new building at 5711 Government Way will open in March as a new place for Schaffer's Towing.
With locations at 625 W. Dalton Ave. and 31557 E. Highway 200 in Ponderay, since 1969 Schaffer's services include towing, transport, emergency recovery, lockouts, jump starts, storage services and shed transportation.
With the fleet including two heavy-duty wreckers, Schaffer's works with law enforcement agencies, corporations, small businesses, dealerships, motor clubs, insurance agencies and the general public.
Phone 208-667-2330. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now the Tidbits
• Phase I of the new Kinder Prep Learning Center is under construction at 1847 W. Prairie Ave. The curriculum promotes hands-on, sensory and play-based learning experiences for ages 18 months to 5 years old in an environment that is nature themed and community driven. For information on pre-enrollment, check www.kinderpreplearningcenter.com. Phone 208-916-0265.
• A sign says a bookstore and bistro will be built at Fourth Avenue and Idaho Street in Post Falls.
• A Hawaiian-style menu will be featured at Konala, a new restaurant under construction at 107 E. Seventh St. (behind the Bunker Bar on Spokane Street) in Post Falls. Owners Trace and Jammie Miller (also owners of The Bunker Bar and Burger Bunker) plan to open in March. The website will be www.konala.com.
• A 20,000-square-foot structure called Prairie Professional is under construction on the north side of the intersection of Prairie Avenue and Ramsey Road. The office building to be complete in December 2023 will have suite sizes from 2,200 to 10,000 square feet available. A main tenant will be Riverstone Dental Care. For information on the space available, contact Rob Kannapien of Coldwell Banker Commercial Schneidmiller Realty at 208-704-3832 or E-Fax 208-515-2385.
• Planning to break ground soon, Golden Rule Brake is coming to 3826 E. Seltice Way (near the intersection of Highway 41 and Interstate 90) in Post Falls.
• Coeur Climbing Gym is leasing a large warehouse space at 764 S. Clearwater in Riverbend Commerce Park in Post Falls to open in early 2023.
• The fourth Kootenai County location of Dutch Bros Coffee will be built soon at 6299 W. Pointe Parkway (next to Panda Express near Cabela's and Walmart) west of Post Falls.
• A new building for Anthem Pacific Homes is being constructed at Highway 41 and 16th in Post Falls. Three of the four suites 1,800 to 2,000 square feet are available for office warehouse flex lease through owner Jeremy Voeller at www.anthempacific.com. Phone 208-981-0448.
• A large new building with River City Urology to be on the second floor is under construction at Spokane Street and Third Avenue in Post Falls. The urology business is expanding from Ironwood in Coeur d'Alene. With completion planned by Feb. 1, the first floor will have a chiropractor and 3,500 square feet of space available through Realtor Josh Beebe of Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty at 208-699-7980.
• The former Wells Fargo building at Sherman and Third Street will have an art gallery and office for owner Pepper Smock's Windermere-Coeur d'Alene Realty.
• Watch for the opening for new buildings called the Appleway Quarter at 271 and 291 E. Appleway (between Baskin-Robbins and Verizon). The 271 building will contain The Wellness Bar and has a 1,200-square-foot commercial space available. The 291 building will have Hometown Chiropractic and Chip Cookie.
• Watch for Prime IV Hydration & Wellness to be in Ironwood Square.
• A large building is under construction at 9046 W. Prairie Ave. (near Greensferry) for Mountain View Business Center. Contact Royce Johnston at 208-691-3054 for team rental information. For lease information, contact Logan Rude at 208-651-8825.
• Burke's Restoration is building a new place at 3801 W. Riverbend Ave. in Post Falls. Details soon.
• The Thomas George building planned for the corner of Third Street and Front Avenue will be 18 stories mixed with commercial places on the first floor and 60 condominiums above.
• Watch for details on new buildings under construction for corporate offices for Roger's Burgers on Government Way and Caliber Collision by Metro Car Wash in Post Falls.
• Watch for commercial construction west of Highway 41 between 16th Avenue and Horsehaven Avenue in Post Falls.
• Many of 16 commercial spaces are available in the planned Prairie Crossing Shopping Center in the northeast corner of Highway 41 and Prairie Avenue.
• A new building for Etco Services is under construction off Huetter north of Seltice and I-90.
• The PACR office building is under construction at 1857 W. Hayden Ave.
• A new Pizza Hut will be in Hayden.
• The Mill will be a four-story mixed-use building at Government Way and Mill Avenue with businesses (including Ten/6 Restaurant) on the ground level and 43 apartments above.
• Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) is constructing a new building in Hayden.
• Cornerstone, a four-story commercial and residential building, is under construction in Riverstone.
• Bruchi's quick-service restaurant will soon be in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
• Watch for the opening of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off Coeur d'Alene Lake Drive.
• Gentlemen Sausages will soon be in the former Abi's Ice Cream location at 112 Fourth St.
• TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel is being built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
• Watch for an Indigo Urgent Care building under construction next to Starbucks in the Crossroads Center off Ramsey Road.
• A new commercial and residential building, Midtown Centre, is being built at 821 N. Fourth St.
• A spy says a restaurant will be built where Atlas Road meets the Spokane River.
• Berry Bay Smoothies will be at 8150 N. Cornerstone Drive in Hayden.
• Babies are born without kneecaps. They appear when 2 to 6 years old.
• • •
Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.