Circling Raven Championship: Epson 'Road to the LPGA' Tour Spotlight: Kum-Kang Park
Circling Raven Golf Club in Worley will host the second Circling Raven Championship in August.
The Epson “Road to the LPGA” Tour event is scheduled to be held annually at Circling Raven through 2023. This year, it will take place the week of Aug. 22-28, and the field of 100-plus competitors from around the globe will compete for $200,000 in prize money during the tournament, Aug. 26-28.
Tickets are available at cdacasino.com.
Top performers during the Epson Tour (formerly Symetra Tour) season earn their LPGA Tour memberships at season’s end — eight players who competed in the 2021 Circling Raven Championship — earned their ticket to the LPGA this year. The tournament showcases many of the world’s finest golfers striving to reach that pinnacle of women’s professional golf.
The Press will feature one of these players each week leading up to the tournament.
This week’s player is Kum-Kang Park.
• Park is a native of Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
• Competed on multiple tours in 2019 including the LPGA, LET and KLPGA
• Advanced to LPGA Q-Series in 2020 with a tied for 12th at Stage 1 and a tie for 36th at Stage 2 of LPGA Qualifying School
• Made 7 cuts in 12 starts to start off the 2021 Epson Tour season before claiming victory at the 2021 Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout
• Became a two-time Epson Tour winner by claiming victory at the 2022 Epson Tour's season-opening Florida’s Natural Charity Classic
• She has six total career top-10 finishes on the Epson Tour