| October 10, 2021 1:07 AM
With a new 22,000 square-foot location in (north) Coeur d'Alene, Selkirk has 30 employees in a manufacturing area and warehouse for pickleball equipment.
The workers make several options of pickleball paddles that are distributed and sold worldwide. They also offer pickleball-related clothing, pickleballs, hats, backpacks, gloves, grips, visors, sunshields and jackets.
Named after the nearby Selkirk Mountains, the 7-year-old company is owned by father and brothers Jim, Rob and Mike Barnes whose dream is to be the market leader in pickleball paddle innovation with uncompromising quality and high-performance equipment.
They also have a pro shop where the items are sold at 12037 N. Tracey Rd. in Hayden. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Phone 1-800-759-4326. Check selkirk.com.
Liveable Me opens on Hess in Hayden
A women's boutique with a space to shop, experience life and give back to sustainable and fair-trade garment workers, Liveable Me has opened at 9013 N. Hess St. in Hayden.
"Our goal is to create a space where people feel invited," said owner and head stylist Jenny Wiglesworth, "to grab coffee, shop and chat about life."
The clothing comes from fair-trade companies with store hours of 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Cortney Brown is the manager-stylist.
The grand opening will be a Halloween costume party with bubbly, specials and prizes for costume winners 5-7 p.m. Oct. 20. Phone 503-720-9451. Check LiveableMe.com.
Lottie children's shop opens in Midtown
Offering an eclectic color and pattern-based collection of U.S. and international brands, the children's shop Lottie has opened in the Midtown Commons at 849 N. Fourth St. (enter in Suite 105 on Boise Avenue.).
A lover of curation and experiential design, owner Caroline Keska offers a retail experience that drew inspiration from her worldly travels, passion for color and the whimsey and magic in being little.
Fall and winter hours are 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays and other days by appointment. Check www.lottieshop.com.
Bobo Construction opens in Coeur d'Alene
A fourth-generation, family-owned commercial general contractor, Bobo Construction opened a North Idaho office in Suite B at 409 Coeur d'Alene Ave.
Founded in 1952 and with other offices in Meridian, Idaho, and Elk Grove, Calif., the company works in public and private sectors with projects within budget and on time, said spokesman Austin Bobo.
Phone 208-789-0995, Check www.BoboConstructionInc.com.
Now the Tidbits
- The property of the Dueling Irons restaurant in Post Falls has been sold, but not the business.
- Cuppa Columbian Caffe will open soon in The Landings, 3270 W. Prairie Ave. (at Atlas).
- Northwest Specialty Hospital is expanding at 1551 E. Mullan in Post Falls.
- Open Arms Real Choice Clinic will be at 1800 Lincoln Way.
- Metro Express Car Wash is building a large new place in the northwest corner of Highway 41 and I-90.
- Lone Mountain Farms & Brewery will have a new place in the Lancaster Market development at U.S. 95 and Lancaster Road.
- Consign Furniture has a "coming soon" sign southwest of the U.S. 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- Renew Aesthetics & IV Hydration Bar will be at 515 Fourth St.
- A Board & Brush place will be in Prairie Shopping Center.
- Hmm. The "For Sale" sign is gone in the northeast corner of Hanley and Ramsey and surveyors were there. What's happening?
- Black Lodge Brewing will open soon on Third Street downtown.
- The Rebel Junk Shoppe at 2424 N. Fourth St. will expand to a street-side location.
- Bruchi's quick service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- The new Dairy Queen at 513 W. Hayden Ave. (just west of U.S. 95) will open in November.
- The former Ugly Fish restaurant building will be a Berkshire Hathaway Realty in Riverstone.
- Watch for construction of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off CdA Lake Drive.
- The Pointe Market will be in the One Lakeside building downtown.
- Pedego Electric Bikes is coming into Riverstone.
- Kaffee Meister will be at 9212 Government Way.
- A Sweet Lou's restaurant and a Grease Monkey auto place will be at the Crossings in Athol.
- Watch for Rivers Edge Apartments to be built at 3528 W. Seltice Way.
- Gathered Restaurant is new on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Lucille building under construction at 2605 N. Fourth St. will have five commercial suites.
- TownPlace Suites by Marriott Hotel will be built where the Outback Steakhouse was in the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Several steel storage buildings will be built at 3758 W. Hanley Ave. (off Atlas Road) for Hern Ironworks.
- New places coming to Silver Lake Mall include See's Candies, All Fired Up, Crime Scene Entertainment and American Heritage.
- Killer Burger will be where Junior's BBQ previously was in 85 W. Prairie Shopping Center.
- A Sarah Hamilton Face place will be at 2120 Northwest Blvd.
- Watch for something coming into the ShopKo building...possibly Sportsman's & Ski Haus.
- A new commercial and residential building will be built at Government Way and Davidson Avenue.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- A new building for Linden Coffee Co. is under construction at 1502 N. Third.
- A new gas station convenience store will be in the northeast corner of Atlas at Seltice.
- Truck manufacturing company Kenworth plans a large building for 4374 W. Expo Parkway west of Post Falls.
- A large storage complex and new corporate office for Steel Structures of America is being built off Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be off Canfield Avenue.
- The CdA Corner Store is adding a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Takara restaurant will be downtown.
- Schmidty's Burgers will be at 1524 E. Sherman.
- Napa Auto & Truck is building a new location in Rathdrum.
- Coeur d'Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off U.s. 95.
- Watch for a new apartment building at 128 W. Neider (across from Safeway).
- Mountain Goat Lounge is under construction connected to the Moose Lounge downtown.
- The Lake Coeur d'Alene Inn is under construction on CdA Lake Drive between Mullan Avenue. and Michael D's Eatery.
- Now that it's "darker," too many vehicles don't have their lights on when they should be. And too many are missing a light. Check them.
- "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the alphabet.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.