One Lakeside Hotel to open April 15
Courtesy photo General Manager Laura DeMott stands outside the One Lakeside Hotel in downtown Coeur d'Alene. The hotel portion of the development is scheduled to open April 15.
Courtesy photo Erika Bates and Emily Applegate are ready to help customers at Affordable Bridal & Tuxedo in its new location in Suite G at 3650 N. Government Way. The new site is scheduled to open Thursday.
Courtesy photo Mathew Goodnight, top, owner Nathan Chetrit with a workman, and son Ari are seen inside the new location of Wallaroo's Furniture & Mattresses at 1823 N. Fourth St.
Courtesy photo The exterior of One Lakeside, at the corner of First Street and Lakeside Avenue in downtown Coeur d'Alene.
| March 28, 2021 1:07 AM
Nestled in downtown Coeur d'Alene and close to the lake, the One Lakeside Hotel is accepting reservations for its April 15 opening.
With parking on three levels, the first floor has the entry, a snack station, office and an eventual commercial business, the 16-story building includes 29 hotel suites, 40 already-sold residential condominiums and many amenities.
Each suite and residence includes panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows, spacious balconies, chef-ready kitchens and full-size washers and dryers.
The amenities include a fourth-floor outdoor terrace with a dog run, patio seating and gas grills. The rooftop terrace and clubroom features an outdoor hot tub overlooking the lake, a fitness center, a boardroom and a full kitchen.
The hotel portion offers one-, two- and three-bedroom suites with family-style bedding and bathrooms. The hotel guests can use the amenities for additional fees.
The general manager is Laura DeMott. Phone 888-409-7373. Check www.onelakeside.com.
Wallaroo's opens soon
on Fourth Street
Watch for the soon-opening of Wallaroo's Furniture & Mattresses at 1823 N. Fourth St..
With products designed by the company, 90 percent of the products can be found only at Wallaroo's. Hours will be 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays.
Owners Nathan Chetrit and Bailee Nebeker are supported by managers Karley Romish and Matthew Goodnight. Phone 208-231-1032. Check www.wallaroosfurniture.com.
Affordable Bridal and
Tuxedo in new location
An April 1 (Thursday) opening is planned for Affordable Bridal & Tuxedo in its new location in Suite G at 3650 N. Government Way.
The business offers wedding attire for the bride, bridesmaids, flower girls, proms, men's and boys' suits, accessories and even Halloween attire.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays with Erika Bates and Emily Applegate. Phone 208-664-8847. Check www.afforablebridalcda.com.
Now the Tidbits
- Prock's Paint Bucket will open soon in Sunset Village off HIghway 95.
- Evidently a four-story building is planned for across from Red Robin in Riverstone with underground parking, the first floor commercial and the upper floors condos.
- A "Coming Soon" sign for Consign Furniture & Jewelry is in the southeast corner of Lancaster Road and Warren Street.
- SixOne Media is now at 11350 N. Government Way in Hayden.
- CdA Wigs will be in Ste. 17 at 296 W. Sunset Ave.
- Watch for something coming into the ShopKo building.
- Watch for something in the Pier 1 Imports building.
- The Cranberry Road Winery (and restaurant) will be in the corner building on Old Mill Loop (beside Sushi 1) in Riverstone.
- James Dry Dock will be in Silver Lake Mall.
- A new commercial and residential building will be built at Government Way and Davidson Ave.
- Terraza Waterfront Cafe will be at 1950 Bellerive Lane in Riverstone.
- The Washboard Laundromat will be in The Plaza of Post Falls.
- Killer Burger will put its first Idaho location near the intersection of Prairie and Highway 95.
- Trademark Mechanical has moved to 171 W. Lacey Ave. Details soon.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- A new building for Linden Coffee Co. is under construction at 1502 N. Third.
- Flippens Secured Self Storage is building a complex at 2098 Creative Way in Post Falls
- Truck manufacturing company Kenworth plans a large building for 4374 W. Expo Parkway west of Post Falls.
- A large storage complex and new corporate office for Steel Structures of America will be built off Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be off Canfield Ave.
- The CdA Corner Store is adding a kitchen and tables downtown.
- A Union Gospel Mission thrift store is under construction at 7761 N. Government Way..
- The Blue Shell will be at 1903 Sherman.
- Takara Restaurant will open on Lakeside downtown.
- Emerge will be at 119 N. Second St.
- The building at 1015 Ironwood will house Element Dental and administrative offices for Northwest Dental Benefits.
- Schmidty's Burgers will be at 1524 E. Sherman.
- A 120-room boutique hotel will be where the Outback Steakhouse was off Northwest Boulevard and I-90.
- Coeur d'Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off Highway 95.
- Metro Car Wash will be near Wendy's in Post Falls.
- The Hayden Dairy Queen will be at 513 W. Hayden Ave.
- 108 North is under construction connected to the Moose Lounge downtown.
- Something new is going into 413 Sherman beside the Art Spirit Gallery.
- A new motel is under construction on CdA Lake Drive between Mullan Ave. and Michael D's Eatery.
- Safe Splash is under construction on Kathleen Avenue.
- A "paraprosdokian" is when the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and frequently humorous such as "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong."
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com