Circling Raven Championship • Symetra Spotlight: Morgane Metraux
Circling Raven Golf Club in Worley will host the inaugural Circling Raven Championship. The Symetra “Road to the LPGA” Tour event, scheduled to be held annually at Circling Raven through 2023, will take place the week of Aug. 23-29, and the field of 156 competitors will compete for $200,000 in prize money during the tournament, Aug. 27-29. Tickets are available at cdacasino.com. Top performers during the Symetra Tour season earn their LPGA Tour memberships at season’s end, and the Circling Raven Championship will showcase many of the world’s finest golfers striving to reach that pinnacle of women’s professional golf. The Press will feature one of these players each week leading up to the tournament. This week’s player is Morgane Metraux.
• Morgane Metraux (pronounced MEH-TROE … as in DOE the deer)
• Metraux is a native of Lausanne, Switzerland
• Played in a European Girls' Team Championship (2013) and three European Ladies Team Championships (2014/15/16) during which time the team won a silver (2015) and a bronze medal (2014)
• Concluded her Florida State University career with the third-lowest stroke average (73.18) in school history
• Captured three collegiate victories and is one of only four Seminoles to ever record three or more career wins
• Two-time All-ACC selection and Women’s Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) Honorable Mention All-American
• Fired a career-best score of 62 in the second round of the 2016 European Ladies Amateur Championship where she ended T4
• Professional and Symetra Tour debut was at the 2018 Four Winds Invitational
• Made 11 cuts in 13 starts in her Symetra Tour rookie season (2018) and had a season-best result of T8 at the Donald Ross Classic and IOA Golf Classic
• Made six cuts in eight starts on the Ladies European Tour in 2020 with a season-best finish of 10th at the inaugural Saudi Ladies International
• She has three top-five finishes on the Symetra Tour in 2021, including her first career win at the 2021 Island Resort Championship earlier this month in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula (June 11-13). She’s a virtual lock to finish high enough in the season-long cumulative competition to earn her LPGA membership for 2022.