Axes and Arrows to open in Cd'A
Courtesy photo Aaron Wagoner, 26, throwing axes at the new Axes and Arrows location at 1207 N. Fourth St. in Coeur d'Alene.
Courtesy photo Tom Lunneborgh and Melissa Gulbranson are seen inside the Oxyfresh store in its new location, Suite 402 in the Parkside building, 601 E. Front Ave.
Courtesy photo Jaclyn Ferrell, left, and Shelly Cusella pose at the new UGM Thrift Store at 7761 Government Way in Hayden.
Courtesy photo Manager Amber Bariel, left, and assistant manager Nikkie Johnson are ready to serve customers at the Jitterz Espresso stand at the southwest corner of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue.
Courtesy photo Hailey Hoffman, 23, shoots an arrow at the new Axes and Arrows site.
| August 22, 2021 1:07 AM
Offering a new kind of fun, Axe Force One and V-Sports Arrow Tag are combining into Axes and Arrows at 1207 N. Fourth St. (next to Ace Hardware).
Leaving Silver Lake Mall, Axe Force One is an axe throwing activity. Owners Colton and Kearsey Hoffman also have V-Sports Arena on 115 S. Fourth where arrow tag or combat archery has each arrow equipped with a safety mechanism and a thick layer of foam.
The grand opening will be 2-6 p.m. Saturday with food, live music, Spiderman, free axe throwing, arrow tag and door-prize raffles with donations going to Juvenile Justice Outreach.
Regular hours will be noon to 9 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The place can be used for gatherings. Phone 208-763-8628. Check www.teamvsports.com.
Jitterz Espresso opens
With its ninth location locally, Jitterz Espresso opened this week at the southwest corner of Ramsey Road and Prairie Avenue.
With an extensive menu of coffees, teas, protein drinks, quick boxes, soul food and kids' options, hours are 4:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Manager Amber Bariel and assistant Nikkie Johnson allow call-in orders (through www.jitterzespresso.shop) and have daily specials, with Happy Hour from 2 p.m. to closing.
UGM opens new
Thrift Store Thursday
While seeking employees and volunteers, the UGM Thrift Store at 7761 Government Way in Hayden opens with its ribbon-cutting 9 a.m. Thursday. With staffing shortages, regular hours will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday to Saturday.
Donations should be brought to the UGM Center for Women & Children at 196 W. Haycraft Ave. in Coeur d'Alene from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Large furniture items cannot be accepted. Phone 208-664-2338. Check www.uniongospelmission.org.
Just awarded a spot in the coveted "Inc. 5,000" list for the fastest growing privately owned businesses in America, Oxyfresh is moving Sept. 1 from Riverstone to Suite 402 in the Parkside building at 601 E. Front Ave. downtown.
Since 1984 with outlets in 25 countries, Oxyfresh offers non-toxic dental, home and pet products with safe, eco-friendly ingredients combining the best of science and Mother Nature.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays with owners Richard and Kimmy Brooke and Mariano Tellarini, Melissa Gulbranson and Tom Lunneborgh. Phone 1-800-333-7374. Check www.oxyfresh.com.
Now the Tidbits
- A Board & Brush place will be in Prairie Shopping Center.
- Sand Trap Indoor Golf opens Monday at 2930 Government Way.
- Indoor Cafe & Tea opens Monday in Suite 3 of Fairgrounds Center at 4055 Government Way.
- Black Lodge Brewing will open soon on Third Street downtown.
- Blank Slate Surfaces will open soon at 3700 Government Way.
- The Rebel Junk Shoppe at 2424 N. Fourth St. will expand to a street-side location.
- Bruchi's quick service restaurant is planned for a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- The new Dairy Queen at 513 W. Hayden Ave. (just west of Highway 95) will open in November.
- The former Ugly Fish restaurant building has sold in Riverstone.
- Watch for construction of Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D's Eatery off CdA Lake Drive.
- A cafe will be in the One Lakeside building downtown.
- Pedego Electric Bikes and Golf Island are coming into Riverstone.
- Lottie will be a children's shop in Suite 105 (off Boise Ave.) at 849 N. Fourth St.
- A Sweet Lou's restaurant and a Grease Monkey auto place will be at the Crossings in Athol.
- Kaffee Meister Coffee Shop & Roastery will be at 9212 Government Way in Hayden.
- Gathered Restaurant is new on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- Stogie's Cigar & Pipe Lounge is coming to Post Falls.
- A Cuppa Columbian Caffe will be at 3270 W. Prairie Ave.
- Several steel storage buildings will be built at 3758 W. Hanley Ave. (off Atlas Road) for Hern Ironworks.
- New places coming to Silver Lake Mall include Pollen & Petal, Macadamia Coffee, Love Local, All Fired Up, Crime Scene Entertainment, American Heritage and Workwear by B.S.
- Killer Burger will be where Junior's BBQ previously was in 85 W. Prairie Shopping Center.
- Watch for something coming into the ShopKo building ... possibly Sportsman's & Ski Haus.
- A new commercial and residential building will be built at Government Way and Davidson Ave.
- Watch for major changes with the Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar off Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- A new building for Linden Coffee Co. is under construction at 1502 N. Third.
- A new gas station-convenience store will be in the northeast corner of Atlas at Seltice.
- Truck manufacturing company Kenworth plans a large building for 4374 W. Expo Parkway west of Post Falls.
- A large storage complex and new corporate office for Steel Structures of America is being built off Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be off Canfield Ave.
- The CdA Corner Store is adding a kitchen and tables downtown.
- Takara restaurant will be downtown.
- Schmidty's Burgers will be at 1524 E. Sherman.
- A 120-room boutique hotel will be where the Outback Steakhouse was off Northwest Boulevard and I-90.
- Coeur d'Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off Highway 95.
- North Idaho Rock School will be in Appleway Plaza at 213 W. Appleway.
- 108 North is under construction connected to the Moose Lounge downtown.
- The Lake Coeur d'Alene Inn is under construction on CdA Lake Drive between Mullan Avenue and Michael D's Eatery.
- Aarghhh. Too many Facebook items list decades as the 60's and 70's when the correct punctuation is '60s and '70s.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.