Notable calls for the day!
Day Shift handled the following notable calls:
• Deputies conducted multiple traffic stops and security checks per some traffic complaints in the Kidd Island area. One traffic stop due to excessive speed yielded a warrant arrest for a prior FTA on a petit theft charge. The driver was also cited for excessive speed and failure to provide proof of insurance.
• A welfare check was done on a male seen laying on a rock not moving for a long period of time on the south side of the Spokane River near a popular hiking trail system. When deputies arrived on scene the reporting party had swam across the river and contacted the male who stated he was “just chillin.” The male refused water and was not in a talkative mood. Deputies cleared the scene with no further actions.
• Deputies made a traffic stop on U.S. 95 at MM 422 and arrested a male for a Kootenai County Petit Theft warrant. 20-31110
• Deputies responded to N. 15th Street for a theft of a firearm which occurred sometime in the past few days. The theft involved a 9mm pistol. 20-31070
Evening Shift handled the following notable calls:
• Deputies responded to Hauser Lake Boat Launch for more complaints of passenger vehicles parking in the marked boat trailer parking spaces. Deputies issued 16 citations.
• Deputies responded to W. Judy K. Drive for a family disturbance. A male got into a physical fight with his brother. Both brothers agreed to fight and neither party wished to press charges. Deputies completed a FI 20-31184
• Deputies handled a theft at N. Ramsey Road. The victim had roofing materials stolen on Tuesday. The victim saw the items stolen on Facebook market place and stated they are very unique items and can only be obtained through a wholesale location in Spokane. He provided an investigative lead who has previous involvements in commercial burglaries with CDA City. Deputies answered the post and requested to meet to purchase the material, however the message was never answered. 20-31177
• Deputies handled a family dispute at W. Julia in Hauser. The R/P stated she got into an argument with her father and step-mother and her father got physical with her. Deputies determined no crime was committed and Deputies cleared with call notes. 20-31201
Night Shift handled the following notable calls:
• Deputies stopped a vehicle at Seltice and Innovation Way. During his investigation he located marijuana and paraphernalia inside the vehicle. He cited and released the occupant for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. 20-31197
• Deputies responded to the Holiday Inn/Triple Play for an intoxicated male at the front desk. A male was in the lobby, intoxicated, and asking for a room, however, there was no one attending the front desk. The male also admitted to obtaining a bike after he found it in Ponderay earlier in the day. Deputies were unable to confirm the bike was stolen, and released the male. They then redirected their attention toward the missing attendant. After some research they were able to find her in a stock room in a secured location of the building fine, just doing some work. 20-31225
• A Deputy was parked at the Cornerstone Baptist Church when a vehicle pulled into the parking lot. He contacted the occupants and found the driver had a warrant. During the impound of the vehicle the Deputy located marijuana and paraphernalia. The driver was arrested for his warrant as well as possession of paraphernalia and marijuana. 20-31223