Movers & Shakers November 4, 2010
Resort Properties announces new agents
John & Karen Corcoran, owners of Resort Properties By The Lake, announced the addition of several real estate agents to the company.
Janice Carr has joined from Tomlinson Sotheby's International Realty. She has been in the real estate industry for 17 years. Janice specializes in waterfront properties and the senior housing market.
Michael Green, formally with Century 21 Whitewater/Clark in McCall, specializes in commercial real estate, ranches and land listing and sales.
Glenda Marneus, formally with Century 21 Hilltop in Simi Valley, Calif., specializes in short sale transactions, including bank negotiations, plus buyer and seller relocation. Marneus is a partner and manager of Garlic Jim's Pizza in Coeur d'Alene.
LeAnn Howell, formally with Coldwell Banker Tomlinson, specializes in resort properties, new home construction, and representing custom home builders.
INL reaches goals working with businesses
The Idaho National Laboratory has grown the contract awards to North Idaho businesses and will be sharing the news with regional contractors and entrepreneurs at the 22nd annual Idaho Business Opportunities Conference, hosted by the Idaho Department of Commerce.
The conference starts today at 8 a.m. at the Coeur d'Alene Resort.
Information: Misty Benjamin at (208) 526-5940, or Nicole Stricker at (208) 526-5955.
Chamber to host legislative tour
The North Idaho Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a legislative tour for all newly elected Idaho legislators and executive officers.
This year, the legislative tour will feature visits to local sites in Kootenai, Shoshone and Bonner counties. The public is invited to attend the following tour events:
• The welcome banquet is at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the Best Western Coeur d'Alene Inn, at 506 W. Appleway Ave. The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m.
• At 6:30 a.m. Monday, at the Coeur d'Alene Inn, Lt. Gov. Brad Little, chairman of the governor's task force on modernizing transportation funding, will provide an update on the task force's work, set to be completed in December prior to the start of the legislative session. The task force is examining traditional and non-traditional ways Idaho can fund its transportation needs now and in the future.
• At noon Monday, a luncheon presentation will be held in Sandpoint at the Intermountain Community Bank Financial Center. The guest speaker is Brian Ness, director of the Idaho Transportation Department. Ness will provide an overview and details of a plan to realign the organizational structure of the transportation department.
• Also at noon Monday, a luncheon presentation will be held at the VFW hall in Osburn. Legislators will meet with local government officials and mining executives to discuss the impacts the mining industry has on the local and state economy.
• At 6:30 p.m. Monday, the governor's banquet will be held at the Coeur d'Alene Inn. The governor will address the newly elected Idaho Legislature. The social hour begins at 5:30 p.m.
Information: Susan Kiebert, at the North Idaho Chamber of Commerce, at (208) 610-0005.
If you have a new, relocated or expanded business, or announcement of events, promotions or awards, The Press wants to let our readers know. The service is free and items run Tuesday through Saturday. To get the word on the street on your movers and shakers, call city editor Bill Buley at 664-8176 Ext. 2016 or e-mail email@example.com.