Entertainment Briefs June 25, 2010
'Spelling Bee' heads to Moscow
The Coeur d'Alene Summer Theatre has teamed up with the Idaho Repertory Theatre to co-produce "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee."
The actors from Cd'A Summer Theatre's production of Spelling Bee will travel down to Moscow and perform June 28, 29, 30 and July 1 and 2 at 7:30 each night at Hartung Theatre at the University of Idaho.
The play is a hilarious tale of overachievers' angst chronicling the experience of six adolescent outsiders vying for the spelling championship of a lifetime.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $14 for youth, $16 for seniors, and $15 for groups of 10 or more. Please visit or call the University of Idaho ticket office at (208) 885-7780 to purchase tickets. Also, visit www.idahorep.org for more info.
Lake City Playhouse offers workshops
The Lake City Playhouse several camps and workshops for children this summer.
• Developing the Character (ages 13-19) is set for June 28 to July 3.
• Learning to Play: Around the World (ages 4-6) is set for July 12-16
• "Robin Hood," Play in a Week (ages 7-12) is July 26-30
• Learning to Play: Super Kids (ages 4-6) is Aug. 9-13
• Auditioning Techniques (ages 13-19) is Aug. 9-13
• Musical Theatre Intensive (ages 13-19) Aug. 16-27
Previous programs have included summer theatre arts camps for kids, guest speakers, production and acting workshops, and much more. The Playhouse has also hosted performances by professional theatre companies from around the Northwest.
Families in need of tuition assistance may apply for a scholarship.
Information: Jillian Kramer at email@example.com