Sunday, February 05, 2023

Fire damages Post Falls business

| April 17, 2010 9:00 PM

POST FALLS - A fire damaged a Mercedes convertible inside the garage of Unique Auto Sales, 2671 W. Seltice Way, on Friday afternoon.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a drop light being too close to rags, said Jim Lyon, Kootenai County Fire and Rescue spokesman.

The fire was contained to inside the building. Other contents had smoke damage.

Two dogs made it out safely. There were no injuries.

Owner Gary Charleton told firefighters that he has insurance on the building, but doesn't believe the contents are insured.

An employee of Frontier Grocery next door reported seeing smoke coming from the two-bay garage that's attached to an office at about 4:30 p.m.

KCFR also responded to a fire to a one-ton truck hauling plywood in the area of Highway 41 and Interstate-90 the same time.

Recent Headlines