Hoping to open soon, the Flame & Cork (with wood-fired pizza) will move into its new building at 8592 Government Way.
The menu includes pizza, calzones, salads, appetizers and desserts, with lunch adding wraps, sandwiches, soups and half-size pizzas. Striving for authentic Italian pizzas, the sauces, dressings, dough and bread are made fresh daily with a gluten-free option. Beverages include beer, ciders and wine (a wine club option) with a full liquor option later. Gelato will be there in the summer.
With an old-work Italian decor with a modern touch, seating is for 70, with outdoor seating for 30, weather permitting. Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (and soon expanding) Tuesday through Saturday. Connie and John Young are owners, and Jacob Kagarise is head chef-kitchen manager.
Phone 208-635-5836. Check www.flameandcork.com.
Jojo’s Tattoos triples in space
Offering tattoos, body piercing and related merchandise, Jojo’s Tattoos has expanded into Suites 1, 2 and 3 in Sunup Plaza at 6055 Government Way
“We started 14 years ago with 600 square feet on East Sherman, and we’re now at 2,200,” said Jojo Mataban, owner with his wife, Corianne.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 Sunday. Phone 208-765-3593.
The Paint Buzz opens in Dalton
A paint-and-sip art studio, The Paint Buzz has opened in Suite 3 at 147 E. Aqua Circle in Dalton Gardens.
An artist instructs participants for a chosen painting on canvas for the session. Not a chain or franchise, specials can be seen on the Facebook page. Owners Nicola and Jim Hanson host fund-raising events for local charities, including Jan. 25 for Kootenai Humane Society. Blake Coker is manager and principal artist-instructor.
Hours are 6:30-9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3-5 p.m. Saturday for kids 10 and older (free).
Phone 208-292-4422. Check www.thepaintbuzz.com.
Costco remodeling done in mid-March
Trying to make it easier for customers to get through certain areas of the store, Costco is doing a major remodel in Coeur d’Alene.
“We’re adding to the rotisserie chicken area and the produce cooler,” said Manager Steph Suko. “Refreshing our fresh food section, we hope to be done in March.”
Costco has about 360 employees here and has 785 stores in the U.S. and internationally. Its headquarters is in Issaquah, Wash. Nationally sales were $17 billion in December.
On a side note, one of my most newsy stories was when I saw “Costco” printed on a survey stake off Neider Avenue in 2004.
And now the Tidbits
• A “Coming Soon” sign is at Sandra’s Coffee at 3027 Government Way (north of Lloyd’s Automotive).
• Axis Spine Center will move in March from Post Falls to Mineral Drive in Coeur d’Alene.
• Something new is going into 413 Sherman beside the Art Spirit Gallery.
• The Midtown Station will offer combinations of offices at 1034 N. Third St.
• The unrelated businesses of Trails End Brewery and Extensions Beauty Mafia will be at 350 W. Bosanko.
• A new Maverik store is being built at Highway 41 and Mullan in Post Falls.
• Alpine Animal Hospital (now on Best Avenue) is building a new place on Kathleen west of Mango Tree.
• Attic Vintage & Thrift will close Jan. 29 at 849 N. Fourth.
• A sign on property in the northwest corner of U.S. 95 and Wyoming Avenue says “Equipment Hayden” and “Landlocked Marine.”
• A Union Coffee Roasters, Stretch Lab, Pokeworks and Mangia Wood-Fired Pizza will be in The Northern complex northwest of the Ramsey Road-Hanley Avenue intersection.
• Shiki Sushi Bar & Japanese Grill will be at 221 Sherman in early February.
• Press Start To Play from Riverstone will join Virtual Reality downtown.
• Coeur d’Alene Paving and CDA Redi Mix are building a new place at 3110 N. Government Way.
• Union Gospel Mission is planning a thrift store on the west side of Government Way (almost to Prairie Avenue) between Pawn 1 and First Interstate Bank.
• STCU will open a branch in Rathdrum later in the year.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Lean Kitchen will be at 2632 Government Way.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• A Burger King is under construction at 3827 N. Ramsey (just south of Kathleen).
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum.
• The new Hardwick Hardware is under construction at 3820 E. Mullan in Post Falls.
• A new place in the northeast corner of U.S. 95 and Lancaster will be a Golden Glo Coffee Shop.
• Phirst Technologies will be on Schreiber Way.
• Notice how sexist we are with our expressions. We say “Oh, man!” and “Oh, brother” when it’s negative and “Oh, boy!” when positive. But we never say “Oh, woman,” “Oh, sister” or “Oh, girl.”
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.