A unique place featuring American food with French and Southwestern influences, The Sawmill Grille will open Aug. 15 at 302 N. Spokane St., Post Falls.
The menu includes everything from gourmet burgers and salads to Scotch-egg appetizers and prime rib and a full bar with drafts from local breweries. Seating for 96 includes high and low tables, partial booths and a bar, a private dining room for 20 with a balcony for 20 more as weather permits. The future includes a delivery courier and catering.
The decor pays tribute to Post Falls logging and sawmill heritage. Owners are Rob and Emily Angell Clark with managing partner Wes LeDoux and assistant and chef Nick Mikkelson. Additives are a Sunday morning brunch, eight big-screen sport TVs and special drinks. Soon to come are a kids’ self-serve sundae bar, an outdoor patio firepit and live acoustic music and happy hour food and drink specials.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 Fridays and Saturdays. Phone 208-777-080-7. Check www.sawmillgrilleidaho.com.
Midtown Home & Vintage Market in new location
The business that was Junk at 811 N. Fourth St. is now Midtown Home & Vintage Market, in the former location of Joann Fabrics north of Safeway at 1003 N. Fourth.
The 15,000-square-foot space (vacant six years) allows owners Matt Bright and Megan Eatock to house all their local vendors and grow with new ones with vintage, modern, retro, primitive, locally handcrafted, farmhouse style, furniture, gifts and home decor.
The grand opening is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, with live music, treats, giveaways and a raffle. Regular hours will be 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
And across the street from Safeway ...
Construction has started on a two-level, 5,000-square-foot building at 1022-1092 N. Fourth St. (across from Safeway).
Estimated for completion in the spring, the building will be multi-tenant probably with businesses on the first floor and offices on the upper.
“It fits into the conduciveness of midtown style,” said Duffy Smock of Windermere Realty. He can be contacted at 208-699-5466.
Now for the Tidbits
• The old Sears space at Silver Lake Mall is being remodeled into two new places — Planet Fitness and The Flying Squirrel (a trampoline play place).
• CycleBar CDA wil be at 1430 W. Appleway.
• Alpine Animal Hospital (now on Best Avenue) is building a new place on Kathleen Avenue west of Mango Tree.
• Iron Pizza Co. will be at 104 Best Ave.
• A sign on property in the northwest corner of U.S. 95 and Wyoming Avenue says “Equipment Hayden” and “Landlocked Marine.”
• A fourth Beau Monde clothing store will be at 810 N. Fourth St.
• BMC (Stock Building Supply) is building a new place in the northeast corner of Prairie and Huetter to move from Kathleen and U.S. 95.
• Black Lodge Brewing will be at 204 N. Third St.
• Shiki Sushi will be on Sherman.
• Blades Cutlery & Sharpening is moving Sept. 1 from 3655 Government Way to 77 Commerce Drive in Hayden.
• Coeur d’Alene Paving and CDA Redi Mix are building a new place at 3110 N. Government Way.
• The Bier Haus will be in the former Camera Corral building at 515 Sherman.
• STCU will open a branch in Rathdrum later in the year.
• Wake Up Call Coffee will be in the former Taco Time building at 2517 N. Fourth.
• The new Bakery by the Lake will be on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
• Aesthetica Skin & Beauty Bar will be at 1113 E. Sherman.
• A Maverik gas station-convenience store is under construction at the southwest corner of Government Way and Dalton Avenue.
• AutoZone is building a new place at Highway 54 and Sylvan Lane in Athol.
• A new pub-eatery will open next to Vertical Earth on East Sherman.
• Release Float Spa will be at River City Plaza off Highway 41.
• New places are coming to The Northern at Coeur d’Alene Place on Ramsey Road.
• A new place for bank cda (no caps) will be in Post Falls.
• Watch for Monarch Ramen & Noodle House in the former Syringa location on Fourth Street.
• A new building for Idaho Central Credit Union is under construction at 1327 W. Appleway.
• Bi-Mart will open a new store in the former Stein’s Family Foods building at 16102 N. Highway 41 in Rathdrum.
• The former Moon’s Mongolian Grill at 1901 E. Seltice will be Post Falls Steakhouse.
• The former Burger King building at 216 Appleway has been sold to another fast-food vendor.
• The new Hardwick Hardware is under construction at 3820 E. Mullan in Post Falls.
• A motorcycle place will be at 1308 E. Best Ave.
• Sign in a podiatrist’s office: “Time wounds all heels.”
• Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.