Ruthie was born Feb. 2, 1929, in Sandpoint to Norwegian immigrants, Mina and Antone Slette. She was the 10th of the 11 children in the family.
She was raised in Sandpoint and graduated in the class of 1946 at the age of 17. She has lived in Washington, Alaska and Arizona before settling in the Lewiston/Clarkston area where she lived for 40 years.
She moved to Coeur d’Alene three years ago to be closer to family. She enjoys her independent lifestyle, remaining active with church, the Red Hats, bingo, playing cards, activities at the senior center, music and events with family and friends.
A birthday celebration will be held Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, at Lakewood Ranch Apartments, 3755 N. Fourth St., Coeur d’Alene, where Ruthie now resides. Please join her daughters, Lorraine and Patricia, in celebrating this milestone birthday of their young-at-heart mother. We will be serving finger foods, cake and refreshments in the Community Room from 2-5 p.m.
Montana State University has announced its undergraduate honor rolls for fall semester 2018. There are two MSU honor roll lists: the President’s and the Dean’s Honor Roll. Students must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours to be on either list.
Students with a perfect 4.0 grade point average for the semester were named to the President’s Honor Roll. An asterisk follows the names of the 1,137 students named to the MSU President’s Honor Roll in the listing below. The Dean’s Honor Roll includes the 3,541 students earning grade point averages of 3.5 or above for the semester.
North Idaho students named to MSU’s president’s or dean’s lists, ordered according to their hometowns, follow:
• Coeur d’Alene: Lily Alexander, Ryan Swallow
• Hayden: Margaret McCoy
• Post Falls: Elijah Blake, Savannah Bravo, Ashleigh Hilton, Anna Verhaeghe
• Rathdrum: Beau Larson, Sarah Ratchen
• Sandpoint: Jared Cooper, Nathan Faggard, Lillie Hawkins*, Katherine Kaul*, Julian Nizzoli, Benjamin Schwartz*
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.