Jim and Nancy DiGiammarco
Jim and Nancy DiGiammarco celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on a two-week trip to Italy and Paris with their son.
The two met in 1965 and were married at St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church in Whittier, Calif., on Nov. 23, 1968, when Jim returned from Vietnam.
Nancy loved North Idaho as a child (vacationing with her parents) and when she and Jim were married, they visited North Idaho and he fell in love with the area too. Wanting a lifestyle change, they moved to Hayden in 1985 to raise their son, Jason, who was 4 years old at the time.
Jim retired in 2012 after owning an automotive shop and working as a mechanic. Nancy retired in 2014 from Silverwood Theme Park where she was the marketing, sales and public relations director for 16 years.
They both enjoy travel and are planning more trips in the future.
Bart and Laurie will both be an Owen together one day very soon.
One day they met. And quickly he made her know how he felt about her and he became the most strongest, endearing man she had ever met. She is now knowing in her heart she wants to be his girl forever.
P.S. He provided for her the most beautiful ring ever!
• • •
Submit your milestones to email@example.com or in person at the Coeur d’Alene Press, 215 Second St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814.
• Wedding anniversaries for couples married 25 years and every fifth year thereafter (2 photos accepted)
• Engagement announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Wedding announcements (1 photo accepted)
• Births (1 photo accepted)
• Milestone birthdays at age 70 and every fifth year thereafter or every year after age 90 (1 photo accepted)
• Generations (1 photo accepted)
• Academic honors and higher education accomplishments (1 photo accepted)
• Military announcements (1 photo accepted)
Deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesdays.