The new Patriot Pizza business in Suite 85 of Prairie Shopping Center has that name for reasons. When it opens around Sept. 1 in the former Wildcat Pizza location, its emphasis will be honoring military veterans and pizza.
With a veterans theme, the business will emphasize civic responsibility, according to owners Ken and Patty Withey. And, of course, the menu will be special also with several "different" pizza options such as mashed potato, Reuben and seasonal Oktoberfest pizzas.
It also will offer a baked potato bar, salads, calzones, eight ice cream flavors and many beverages, including beer and wine later. Pizza can be dine-in, take-out, delivery and gluten-free.
Seating for 80 can accommodate families and groups. Activities will include nights for karaoke and celebrity chefs when local leaders will raise money for charities.
Tentative hours will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The 11 employees include veterans. Phone 762-9922. Check www.patriot.pizza.com.
Strada Cafe to Third Street
With the name meaning "street coffee," Strada Cafe will be in the former Oil Can Henry's building under reconstruction at 1830 N. Third St. (and Locust Avenue).
The Italian-style coffee shop will offer traditional coffees and house specials, fresh all-natural pastries and eventually soups and sandwiches. All drinks will be one at a time, not pre-brewed. Seating will be inside (for 16) and outside with the 14-foot roll-up doors.
Opening in mid-September, key people are owners Jeffrey and Tracy Gagnon and operators Robert and Tessa Gagnon. Tentative hours will be 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
ResCare HomeCare relocating
Personal care services in clients' homes and supplemental staffing for facilities offering personal care are the emphasis of ResCare HomeCare. The business is moving Aug. 31 to 1900 Northwest Blvd. (from 1015 W. Ironwood Drive).
"Respect and care in your home" is the mission of the company, which has 28 offices nationwide, including Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene, where office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekends and on-call 24-7 for Idaho's five northern counties. The emphasis is "to assist individuals to be as independent as possible in their homes."
Phone 255-1002 in Sandpoint and 665-5579 in Coeur d'Alene.
Rosenberger Construction building new offices
New offices for Rosenberger Construction are being built at 10149 N. Taryne (off Highway 95) in Hayden. Specializing in custom residential construction, the company will move in November from 74 E. Miles Ave. to the new office of 3,200 square feet and warehouse of 5,583 square feet. The current building is for sale.
With a subcontractor-based labor force, key people are owners Ron and Shelley Rosenberger (in the business since 1974), superintendent Blake Rosenberger and office manager Bre Rosenberger. Phone 772-5018. Check www.rosenbergerhomes.com.
Now for the Tidbits!
- Several pieces of business news are happening. The Grill from Ipanema will move from downtown into Riverstone this winter. And Melone's Restaurant, now closed in Riverstone, will reopen as something else.
- Watch for news on Premier Discount Center (and Auction) in Post Falls, Freedom Burritos coming where Susie's Kitchen was off Highway 95, Pinot's Palette and a hookah lounge coming to Fourth Street and a Bulldog Pipe & Cigar Lounge to Silver Lake Mall.
- Evidently a Cracker Barrel restaurant will locate in Post Falls instead of Coeur d'Alene. And another restaurant or two will go into the previous proposed location between Winco (Crossroads) and Interstate 90.
- Threads tailoring studio is celebrating its 10th anniversary this week at 7352 N. Government Way. The business was honored by the Hayden and Spokane military recruiting offices for doing free alterations for military personnel. Phone 762-9163.
- JJ's Shoes & Boutique at 309 E. Sherman will close in mid-September. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Phone 765-6181. Rumor is that a restaurant will go into that location.
- Why do we say we'll "take a leak?" Do just males say that?
- A real headline: "Nicaragua sets goal to wipe out literacy."
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at email@example.com.