Choosing a new health care provider can be overwhelming. We often ask friends or family members for a referral, but sometimes they simply don’t have an answer. When navigating this road alone, here are some basic tips on important things to look for when searching for a qualified health provider. We will also mention specific things to look for when choosing a spinal decompression clinic.
• Make sure a licensed health provider is the one giving you advice or evaluating you at your appointment. This may seem like a given expectation, but you would be surprised to learn how many offices have unqualified staff providing advice to patients.
• You want to have a thorough evaluation and consultation, review of records and any imaging before a treatment plan is even discussed.
• They should have your best interest in mind and don’t guarantee results or make promises that seem unrealistic.
• Treatment should be specific to your needs. When looking at chiropractic or spinal decompression, therapy should focus on reducing pain and goals should be set to help improve strength and stability. This will aid in overall recovery and assist in preventing future injury.
• There should be periodic evaluations to monitor your progress during treatment and changes should be made when necessary to help further improve your results with care. With regard to spinal decompression, adjustments can be made to the decompression table by changing the various factors such as the duration of time, and the resistance or pull on the spine, to specifically meet the needs of each person.
• Fees for services should be affordable, especially when they are not covered by insurance.
Health care is an ever changing environment, but that should never prevent you from getting quality and ethical treatment. It is important to make the best choice for you and your family. Please feel free to give us a call with any specific questions, 208-966-4425.
• • •
Dr. Wayne M. Fichter Jr. is a chiropractor at Natural Spine Solutions. The business is located at 3913 Schreiber Way in Coeur d’Alene, 208-966-4425.